1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is impact for Google Spam Update

Discussion in 'Google' started by ashrafnarail, Mar 22, 2024.

As Google updated new algorithm this march, So what is impacted for ranking?
    I think traffics/ranking dropped.

ashrafnarail, Mar 22, 2024 IP
  2. GreenHost.Cloud

GreenHost.Cloud Member

Best Answers:
    Some websites may have seen a decrease in organic traffic and a drop in ranking on the search engine results pages. This could be due to the changes made by Google's new algorithm update in March. Website owners need to continue monitoring their rankings and making necessary adjustments to adapt to the new algorithm.

GreenHost.Cloud, Mar 23, 2024 IP
  3. facundo_p89

facundo_p89 Peon

Best Answers:
    In 5 of my websites, traffic was left untouched. In two, I had a little growth, not sure if it's depending on the period though.

facundo_p89, Mar 24, 2024 IP
  4. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Work on improving your content and make it better quality.

ForgottenCreature, Apr 1, 2024 IP
  5. Mark Elijah

Mark Elijah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    March's Google update targeted websites that prioritize tricks over user-friendly content. If you saw a traffic drop, it might be due to thin content, bad user experience, or AI-generated content. Focus on creating informative content that users enjoy and make sure your site is mobile-friendly. By cleaning up your content and prioritizing user experience, you can recover and improve your ranking in the long run.

Mark Elijah, Apr 3, 2024 IP
  6. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Google’s March Update has significantly impacted website rankings by deindexing over 800 sites due to low-quality content and AI-generated spam. Mine 1 in those list too. The sudden loss of traffic and revenue for these sites underscores the importance of quality and user-centric content in maintaining search visibility.

MargoFarrel, Apr 4, 2024 IP
  7. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    I have more than 20 websites, but most of them are in development.
    I work only on a few sites.
    Since 2022 or 2023 all my sites started losing indexed posts.
    According to my GSC from 5 to 15 posts always were non-indexed.
    I could very easily index them manually, all they use to get indexed within less than 12 hours.
    But in a few weeks, another 5-10 posts appear as non-indexed.

The only site that never lost indexed posts was AncientMayanRuins.com - an old abandoned site with no original posts and zero SEO efforts.
    But a week ago I tried site:ancientmayanruins.com and got only 8 results instead of 50+.
    At the end of the page, Google added this:
    In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 29 already displayed.
    If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.

I paid attention, only 8 posts had any description, other ones did not.
    So, I just activated "generate meta description from the content" and 24 hours later I already could see 15-16 results.
    The next day, I already got 50+ results.
    Ok, the site has very low traffic, but it is just one of a few sites I use for testing all kinds of plugins, etc.
    I just wanted to see what I could do to get back all my posts in results.

So, if your site was affected by my last Google Core update, just check your meta description.
    The weird thing is this site has no original content, and some of the posts had only 300-word text.
    Well, last 3 days I improved the CSS and SEO configuration, adding more text to a few old posts, but this site is 7 years and the last post was added in 2017, even though Google put it back in the index.

1 week ago Google showed only 8 or 9 results:
    before.jpg
    And a few days later, I saw already more than 50 results...
    after.jpg
    The meta description is still the same for each post, but even though Google put them all back in the index.

mayazir, Apr 13, 2024 IP