1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogging And AI

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by the writer, Mar 28, 2024.

?

Fan of AI over original writing

1. I prefer originality

75.0%
  2. AI is helpful in many ways

25.0%
    I've been blogging for almost 20 years (yeah, I'm old lol) and writing much longer than that. I've gotten much better at it over the years, and in my opinion, I've also developed a way to give my opinions and share my experience by adopting a conversational way of writing.

Lately I see a lot more blogs and people on LinkedIn using AI to basically do their writing for them. Sometimes it's easy to tell because some folks don't know the art of editing what's been created. At other times it might take re-reading something that doesn't sound right in your head to determine if it's just typos or AI.

My personal stance is that I'm never going to use AI; I still have lots of original thoughts to produce content without it. At the same time, I realize that there are those who will become or are already proficient at using it, to the point that they create tens and hundreds of articles faster than I might be able to write 2 or 3.

It's the old question, but with a twist; which would you prefer, quality or quantity, and if all one is doing is editing AI, does that count for quality?

The Writer

the writer, Mar 28, 2024 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    AI can be good for writing prompts but for thoughtful, researched, trustworthy articles you'll never go past a human brain.

sarahk, Mar 29, 2024 IP
    ForgottenCreature and the writer like this.
  3. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I’d recommend using ai for concept ideas but write your own content and don’t use ai’s content.

ForgottenCreature, Apr 1, 2024 IP
    the writer likes this.
  4. the writer

the writer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Based on a lot of what I've been reading, that hasn't been happening, not even in periodicals. At my age, it feels strange that people need artificial intelligence to give them ideas of what to write about... but maybe it's because that's how we did it and learned it since AI wasn't around back in the day.

the writer, Apr 1, 2024 IP
  5. Gavin Anthony Wilson

Gavin Anthony Wilson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seems to me that things easily get out of control and people start abusing something that originally wasn't bad per se. We are drowning in AI-written content; most pieces lack originality, not to mention quality. I believe saving time is becoming the ultimate goal and lots of people don't even bother to edit their content. AI can be helpful, but letting it do all the work is just not a way to go for so many reasons.

Gavin Anthony Wilson, Apr 10, 2024 IP
    the writer likes this.
  6. the writer

Best Answers:
    Not only that, but about half of the time you can't tell if people in an image are real or not. Sometimes it's easy if a person's too perfect, but I was totally fooled when a friend of mine created an elderly couple.

the writer, Apr 10, 2024 IP
  7. Aron Prins

Aron Prins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Writer!

The debate between quality and quantity is an age-old one, but as you've rightly pointed out, the rise of AI in content creation adds a new dimension to it. While AI can certainly churn out content at a rapid rate, there's a unique value in the personal touch and originality that a human writer like yourself brings to the table.
    In the end, it all comes down to your goals and priorities as a writer. If your focus is on offering genuine insights and connecting with your audience on a deeper level, then sticking to your authentic voice and producing high-quality content is key. However, for those who prioritize speed and volume, leveraging AI tools effectively can be a game-changer.

It's not simply about editing AI-generated content; it's about infusing it with your expertise, perspective, and creativity to elevate its quality. Finding the right balance between leveraging technology and preserving your unique writing style is key in navigating this evolving landscape of content creation.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Aron

Aron Prins, Apr 11, 2024 IP
    the writer likes this.
  8. the writer

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your opinion; I greatly appreciate it. I can't see me doing it, and I only hope that AI isn't scraping any of my original content.

BTW, did you see the survey at the top? It's only 2 questions; I don't think anyone else has noticed it. :)

the writer, Apr 11, 2024 IP
  9. ultra_sweet

ultra_sweet Member

Best Answers:
    Always quality. I also use AI sometimes, but I use it as an inspiration, not my replacement. I believe original content will be even more appreciated now after the AI hype. It's not long until the AI saturation and the penalties from google and other entities.

ultra_sweet, Apr 12, 2024 IP
    the writer likes this.
  10. JackieJim

JackieJim Peon

Best Answers:
    Humanity has created AI, but this invention will never surpass its creator in the ability to think outside the box and make unusual decisions in various situations.
    In my opinion, this innovation is beneficial for aiding people in tasks that require repetitive actions or long periods of time to solve problems with set procedures.

JackieJim, Apr 19, 2024 IP
    the writer likes this.
  11. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i found it useful for beginners who doesnt have time or so much skills to write original content but for old writers and bloggers who knows that Ai its not the way i want to congratulate them
    Ai content its boring and in a robotic way that its not liked so much about people

Spartan14, Apr 19, 2024 IP
    the writer likes this.
  12. the writer

Best Answers:
    I agree with the boring part; I can always tell if it's AI without editing.

the writer, Apr 19, 2024 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  13. the writer

Best Answers:
    One of the embarrassing things to happen came when Sports Illustrated put out an issue that had many grammatical and nonsensical issues, and had to admit that some of their writers used AI but didn't do any edits. I might make a mistake here and there with my writing, but no one's perfect... though I wish I was. lol

14. the writer

Best Answers:
    It's something to realize isn't going away any time soon. LinkedIn now asks people if they want to use AI to write new articles, and supposedly Google's going to set things up so AI interprets what you're searching for to give you the pages they believe will answer your question. I feel like they've already done that because many times this year I've had to rewrite my question just to get close to something I'm searching for; Google used to be better than that.