1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating Logo

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by BlackMamba88, Dec 4, 2008.

1. ardyanstyle

ardyanstyle Peon

Best Answers:
    good logo couldn't be done instantly

ardyanstyle, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  2. ardyanstyle

ardyanstyle Peon

Best Answers:
    ooops... plus smiling :D

ardyanstyle, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  3. AsherKaye

AsherKaye Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd use Photoshop or Illustrator.
    I have both, if you're interested in some help, or hiring me to create your logo.
    PM me if you'd like.

AsherKaye, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  4. wallpaperbabby

wallpaperbabby Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for information.

wallpaperbabby, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  5. Digital_Designer

Digital_Designer Banned

Best Answers:
    It can be but require good skill and experience.

Digital_Designer, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  6. amirsalmani

amirsalmani Active Member

Best Answers:
    This was the best suggestion for you of Innovati...It's not this much easy to create a logo with all it's standards. So hire any professional for any professional logo...

But have one suggestion, if you guyz will use your logo for web purpose only than you can design it in photoshopt too. It's not necessary that you will designa alogo in Illustrator only..

Everyone needs the logo in vector form because it's have fully scalabale and you could use it any where as much as big you want to use. You could use your logo for printings purpose if it's in vector form. That's give you the best output. So this all and tehre many standard have theose a professional desigenr have to floow while create a professional logo.

Thanks
    M. Amir

amirsalmani, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  7. goldenpearl

goldenpearl Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi
    Adobe Photoshop & corel draw is the best to create stylish logos!

goldenpearl, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  8. webdesigners

webdesigners Banned

Best Answers:
    There are many logo creator online sites where you can find different types of qualitative logos & they are free to use. You can search in Google & find out your best logo.

webdesigners, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  9. ExGee

ExGee Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, in this case Google is your friend, if you wan to find some easy tutorial to make logos.

ExGee, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  10. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    I think what people fail to understand is that a logo is not a piece of artwork, it is a concept, a mark that represents a solution to a design problem.

There are infinite number of horrible solutions, a bunch of good solutions, and only a handful of really great solutions.

When you need a logo you have a problem, a problem which must be solved by creative thinking. When you pay a designer for a logo, you don't pay them for the deliverable, 80% of what you pay for is the process, the thinking, and the creativity that they bring.

The only possible way you can have a great solution is by having a designer listen to you, your strategy, what you want to communicate, who your audience is, and how you plan on using the logo. That is the only way you have a shot at the good and really great solutions.

Using a logo creator program, or using a photo-retouching program to do creative thinking for you is like buying a pack of stencils, or claiming a camera will produce a great logo for you.

The money is in the thinking, and you don't have to be a great artist to have a great concept. Look up Paul Rand. The man did most of his work with childlike primitive shapes he could scissor out of paper or draw with a pencil - yet he is considered to be one of the greatest, if no the single greatest mind in the discipline of graphic design to have ever lived. Look up his work, any fool who's ever gone to Kindergarten can produce artwork better than his, but nobody has ever really rivalled his creative thinking process, and that's why a lot of his logos are still in use going on half a century later.

If you want to do this yourself instead of hiring a professional (trust me, creating a logo for your OWN idea is worse than naming a child) think about this:

What is your name, that will appear with the logo
    -Can the name standalone in a type-based wordmark like Microsoft or SONY?

What are you trying to communicate?
    -If you could express 2 or three words to the viewer, what would they be?
    -example: when I see IBM I think: BIG, solid, business. They are International Business machines, and stability and durability are values I'm sure they'd love to communicate to the viewer.

Who is your audience?
    -If you try to do a style like a grunge style, for old people - they might not be able to read it
    -If you are going to do a 'funny' image remember who will find it funny, and who won't, and what all possible perceptions of your logo to different groups who will see it will be

Make tons of concept sketches. Thinking about them and not drawing them doesn't count. Draw 40. draw as many as it takes and circle the good ones, double circle the best one.

Then take those handful and make variations on them and explore every possible thing that only the best of your sketches can be.

In the end, if you have a well-developed sketch of what you want as your final logo and you simply need somebody with technical skills to do a digital version of - you can charge less money, it's easier for them to do, and you have a much better logo because you know your idea the best.

Good luck, you're in for a lot of hard work to get to that great idea, but by the time you get there you will have a sense of identity and direction that you might not have already.

Hope to see some concepts soon!

innovati, Dec 20, 2008 IP