1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a 3D Program

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Nikolasr, Nov 8, 2008.

Hello i'm begiener of the 3D,i have finished the photoshop,and like to start 3D,Can someone tell some cool program,example:to create logos,3D city's or another,

Thanks
    Nikolasr

Nikolasr, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  2. skateme

skateme Peon

Best Answers:
    Lightwave 3D, Maxon Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max, etc

skateme, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  3. stevestuff

stevestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very popular & free: Blender. I just started learning this software. There's plenty of tutorials on the web, including tut's at YouTube.

stevestuff, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  4. kampang

kampang Member

Best Answers:
    try this
    Ulead COOL 3D 3.5 [ Portable ]

Ulead COOL 3D 3.5 allows designers to create high-impact 3D images. Output these 3D images as still graphics, animations, video or Macromedia® Flash™ . Ulead COOL 3D delivers stunning 3D graphics, without the complexities found in other software packages.

Download
    http://w18.easy-share.com/1702345826.html

http://w18.easy-share.com/1702345908.html
    Code (markup):
    :D

kampang, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  5. myst729

myst729 Peon

Best Answers:

You have so many 3d programs that meet your needs, like 3ds max, maya, cinema4d, lightwave, softimage|xsi etc. which are applicable to the whole process such as modeling, materials, lighting, rendering. There're quite a lot of differences between these programs like interface, workflow, extension, programming, and so on. Some of them even have several versions aiming at different type of customers, of course with different prices :). You could check out their official sites or others introduction articles for more information.

You may also choose free programs because the prices of those mentioned above are really expensive, at least for me :(. In my opinion Blender is probably the best FREE 3d program which could do almost everything that can be done by maya, softimage, 3ds max or something like that. The official site of Blender is http://www.blender.org

There are also some tiny 3d programs focusing on certain purposes. For example, Silo is very handy on modeling; Maxwell Render is a famous renderer with a very powerful lighting system; Real Flow offers an excellent solution of fluids and dynamics simulation.

For creating 3d logos, you may check out cool3d or xara3d, which are very easy to use. By using them you could succeed in making 3d logos within very short space of time. However, if you want stuffs much more complicated, as you mentioned "3D city's or another", I recommend you have a look at Blender. If you are interested in buying a copy of 3ds max or maya, there are also educational or student versions which have a much lower price.

Looks like a little prolix :D Good luck.

myst729, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  6. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I used to use Milkshape which was pretty cheap at the time, now I like using 3DS Max.

Stroh, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  7. yugo

yugo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    maybe you can use 3D studio max.

yugo, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  8. Nikolasr

Nikolasr Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys i choise
    blender.org

Thanks for all:)
    Tell more programs to try soon also

Nikolasr, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  9. joshhatcher

joshhatcher Peon

Best Answers:
    Blender is open source (free)

joshhatcher, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  10. kkrawal

kkrawal Peon

Best Answers:
  11. elias_sorensen

elias_sorensen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blender is also a very nice suite! It can do some things even better than commercial products like 3ds max. Physics, Fluids, Compositing (Blender's nodes) and hair (particles) works MUCH better than 3ds max.

Blender is like..... 4 or maybe 6 products in one. You get an advanced 3d modeler with powerful materials (even got an SSS shader!!), and an even more powerful internal render (way better than the internal 3ds max render), fantastic view ports with real-time render preview, high-resolution in-viewport materials and shadows.
    You get an game engine that works directly inside blender.
    Movie compositor.
    Sculpting like zBrush. AND MORE.

I've been using it for years .

elias_sorensen, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  12. stephen421

stephen421 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why not use photoshop cs4. That way you can have all the powerful tools of photoshop and still be able to use them in your 3d documents. Check out some youtube tutorials for examples.

stephen421, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  13. cc2365

cc2365 Member

Best Answers:
    If you want an easy-to-use one, maybe Google SketchUp is a good choice...

cc2365, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  14. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using Blender for over 10 years..well actually now I don't render stuff using it, I just build models and import them to SecondLife. And its free by the way.

Project Mobius, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  15. ElementalDesigns

ElementalDesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    Cinema 4d without a doubt.

ElementalDesigns, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  16. ezromation

ezromation Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like Maya best, Ive been stuck with 3d Max for the past year. These are pretty much the main programs to know if you want a job.

Z brush and Mud box are also becoming very important for modeling but a grounding in Max or Maya is still I rekon your best bet. Of course they arent free, but you may be able to beg borrow or....you know the other thing.

ezromation, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  17. Nikolasr

Nikolasr Peon

Best Answers:
    I will buy new computer what do you prefer?
    Blender Maya or 3Ds Max
    I'm beginer...

Nikolasr, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  18. kartikmulgund

kartikmulgund Peon

Best Answers:
    try MAYA 2009, its the best, I use it it as i am a professional 3D artist. PM me if you need any help

kartikmulgund, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  19. Digital_Designer

Digital_Designer Banned

Best Answers:
    It's a great program.

Digital_Designer, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  20. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    Blender started out life as a Studio's in-house 3D program, and when it went open-source it grew like wildfire.

Currently, it not only has some of the most comprehensive tools and extendability - but the fact that it reliably works on a number of different platforms ensures that no matter what computer you sit down at, it will run Blender in a matter of minutes - in fact, you can put Blender on a USB key and run it directly from that on any computer you need to without installing it.

Why I recommend it for a beginner when it's obviously a professional-level powerhouse? Because it is open-source it has something the other programs don't have: a giving sharing global community. There are tons of people out there who will gladly help you out for free, people who regularily post tutorials, share their files and scripts free of charge.

Plus, once you learn Blender, if you want to go all-out and do studio-level professional stuff you won't need to learn anything else.

Give it a shot, you've quite literally got nothing to lose!

Blender3d.org

innovati, Dec 18, 2008 IP