1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10 tips to prevent those hackers!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by M3rC, Jan 6, 2009.

10 Simple Tips to prevent hackers from reaching your sensitive data. It's a must read for anyone in the webmaster's field and maintaing a site :)

The list is pretty long for one thread, so here's the -

> FULL ARTICLE <

Please leave your comments either here or on the posts itself ;)
    M3rC

M3rC, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  2. cmstester

cmstester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure what relevance this has to content management systems, and no offence but your tips provide no details on how to actually implement your suggestions.

cmstester, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  3. M3rC

M3rC Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey CMS, about the category - I wasn't sure where else to post it either. I assumed running a blog and maintaining it's security would help fellow bloggers do the same.

As far as explanation goes, these are 10 TIPS you can use to secure your website. You'll need to find out how to do them using a simple Google Search...

You can't expect anyone to write out the exactly "how-to" details for every single tip mentioned there - it would be just too long.
    However on future posts, I would love to take the time and explain each one, thank you for the suggestion ;)

EDIT - Especially the CHMOD Settings - I've seen tutorials dedicating 10s of pages just to explain it. Let alone edit it.

M3rC, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  4. bobbyt

bobbyt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice list but despite these precautions hackers are still breaking into many systems. Maybe you could also write an advanced anti-hacker tips?

bobbyt, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  5. M3rC

M3rC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup definitely, we'll move further and further into more detail discussion as the blog grows, just want to patch up on everyone's basics :)

M3rC, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  6. arulnitt

arulnitt Peon

Best Answers:
    good content. anyway i hope u can give more inputs on this topic.

arulnitt, Jan 7, 2009 IP