1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

URL Managment

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by crigurfingur, Feb 3, 2009.

Hello,

I'm making a site that will have a lot of enable videos from third party sites such as Youtube, Dailymontion, Veoh, and other sites that let you enable there videos. But we all know how often there videos are removed, updated, Ect.. causing a dead or broken link. So I need a way for visitors on my site to alert me when a video is broken/dead easily. It has to be able to tell me the specific page of my site where the broken video is because there will be a lot of videos with 2nd part episodes and stuff. Any suggestions...

like a report button on the page or something.

-Thanks

P.S don't go over my head with some expert programming lingo i'm still in high school

crigurfingur, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  2. ryandanielt

ryandanielt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not just create a link that will enter a value into the database for the link where it will set it to inactive and you would then just create a page in your admin section where it would display the inactive links and you could then choose to deactivate it!

ryandanielt, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  3. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yoou could make a html form for the button (no fields just a button) with a hidden value for URL or video ID or Video title - whatever unique identifier you're using in your website.

Astroman, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  4. crigurfingur

crigurfingur Peon

Best Answers:
    can you get more detailed about the making a button with hidden value and how exactly its going to alert me when some one presses, by email maybe?

crigurfingur, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  5. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well hidden for feild look like this:

<input type="hidden" name="video_id" value="$video_id">

The video_id bit will have to match whtaver you have in your sebsite of course. The form would have to post to a PHP mailer script that sends the info to you.

Astroman, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  6. crigurfingur

crigurfingur Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm still lost :confused::confused: Thanks any way ill go do some googlein on php mailer scripts.

crigurfingur, Feb 4, 2009 IP