1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Control Content with SMS Messages

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by tankard, Mar 4, 2009.

Hi folks,

There's a question that may seem something from science fiction. Let's say, I've got a content management system running on PHP/MySQL.

I want to allow other people to control certain attributes by sending a simple SMS. For example, there is an item id 45 and the price attribute is 20.00. Now somebody wants to change it to 15.00

The person wishing to alter this, sends an SMS that contains 45 space 15 to a certain number and the price gets altered automatically on the site.

I know that it is possible to implement something like this, I'm just thinking, where can I get the best deal on renting a number (I'll need the number to accept SMS), how am I receiving and processing the SMS, and are there any similar scripts I could look at to familiarize myself with this? Any observations?

Thank you.

tankard, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  2. vgjhav

vgjhav Peon

Best Answers:
    Need to know more info.

vgjhav, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  3. rekhasrivastava

rekhasrivastava Peon

Best Answers:
    i want information about making thread

rekhasrivastava, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  4. Joak1m

Joak1m Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to find a service provider first. I have used www.fortumo.com, but they don't support UK. I'm sure you have plenty of companies who offer similar services, after that you can tie the service with your code, but first you need to know, how to do it. Different companies have different parameters. But it shouldn't be hard at all, if you have basic knowledge of programming ;)

Joak1m, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  5. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your suggestion. I was actually thinking to build my own gateway with a GSM modem. I mean, it is not a big deal to buy a GSM modem...

I don't want a company to screw myself constantly and charge me for their services.

I'm sure I've seen some free Linux software that does SMS over the modem. I just cannot remember what it was. Has anybody tried that?

tankard, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  6. rekhasrivastava

rekhasrivastava Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i have knowledge of c&c++

rekhasrivastava, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  7. rekhasrivastava

rekhasrivastava Peon

Best Answers:
    i have knowledge of c&c++ how can imake my knowledge more effective

rekhasrivastava, Mar 14, 2009 IP