1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about using MySpace

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by btechpc, Mar 6, 2009.

I am trying to build a group of friends on MySpace to help promote website I have setup. I have a target group of users, but they number thousands. I have seen automated software for doing this, but I have also read that this can get you banned. Any input/tips on this?

Thanks,

Brad

btechpc, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  2. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, stop using the automated software and send out a bulletin asking people to have all thier friends, and their friends, and so-forth, check out your site. It's called "Viral-Marketing"

wrekoniz3, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  3. DigitalChuck

DigitalChuck Peon

Best Answers:
    nah,,,,, it's not going to get you banned unless you are really hammering away at it 24/7. I've been using MySpace bots on accounts that i've had since 2006 and I haven't gotten banned yet. I Probably will now that i've bragged about it though

1. No More than 400 Actions per day. The limit MySpace sets is 500 in the USA, some countries do not have this limitation on their accounts. An action would be, posting bulletins, sending friend requests, posting comments and sending messages, or any activity that allows you to communicate with another user directly.

2. Don't send really spammy messages to everyone in the world. Actually talk to some people and try not to hit them with the SHAM-WOW tactic. That will get you deleted very quickly too. BAM! New OXY CLEAN CAN GET EVEN THE TOUGHEST SET IN STAINS OUT, AND KEEP YOUR LAUNDRY SMELLING FRESH ALL DAY LONG! is not a good way to attract new friends, Try something personal - like

"Hi, I'm Chuck - I've found a great new way to meet lots of new friends on MySpace - and it's 100% FREE! No Signup or Email Required!" - For some reason that kind of message/bulletin/comment gets a lot of responses.

3. Make sure that if your software is able to set a time delay(i.e. FriendBlasterPro, oCommunity) then be sure to set it to a realistic number to make sure that you DON"T LOOK LIKE A BOT. ;)

4. Use the MySpace Friend Adder sites and Friend Trains, and keep using your software too, the more friends you have, the more people seem to add you, so after a while, you'll be able to just kick back and the friend requests will come pouring in. Seriously!

5. Consider an eBook to help teach you the ropes. MySpaceFriend.Net has something that may or may not interest you - just wanted to share,

I hope some of this helps. Best of luck!!!

Oh - and be sure to check out my Sig links - sites like those can get you 1000's of friends very quickly :)

@Zaccaria - on MySpace it's called "Whoring". That's slang for Sending bulletins or comments telling your friends to add one of your other friends - or as you put it correctly "Viral-Marketing".

DigitalChuck, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  4. ocommunity

ocommunity Peon

Best Answers:
    those are good hints, and everything is true
    especially the first two and they don't apply only when using a bot, but also when you do your work manually at myspace

you can also try and create groups (myspace, facebook) or pages (facebook) and invite people to join your pages
    people tend to join groups more easily than becoming someone's friends, especially if the group or page is in their area of interest

ocommunity, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  5. LugieDesigns

LugieDesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes This Does Get You Banned Im Living Proof Of It Dont Use Those Programs Use And Buy Vip On Sites Like Greataddz.com That Site Got Me Tons Of Friends

LugieDesigns, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  6. TheBlogBuilder

TheBlogBuilder Guest

Best Answers:

Great post. Thanks so much for the info.

TheBlogBuilder, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  7. drarora

drarora Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used a Bot for making more friends on Myspace but got banned within one week.

drarora, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  8. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Bots are VERY BAD!!! Don't trust them.

wrekoniz3, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  9. xcellentone2009

xcellentone2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used a Bot for making more friends on Myspace......I RECEIVED THOUSANDS OF SONG PLAYS.........but it only allowed me to do it once.

xcellentone2009, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  10. drarora

drarora Peon

Best Answers:
    You got banned after doing it once?

drarora, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  11. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    I don't use bots in the first place, so there's no risk of me getting banned... What you also might consider is with bots, you're going after a more General (non-targeted) audience. Where as using Myspace the honest way give you the ability to hand-pick your audience.

Think about it. :cool:

wrekoniz3, Mar 25, 2009 IP