1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

sites like autoadder that add myspace friends but ones that dont SUCK

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Connections, Jul 7, 2006.

1. pjpjpjpj

pjpjpjpj Peon

Best Answers:
    Roman, I will be working on image validation for the next hour. Once it finishes I will get your range done and then the above poster's. I will notify you when the invitations have been sent.

MySpace only requires me to do my validations for an hour a day, at 2am MST. After they are finished, the invites will be out in a hurry.

Thanks for your time.

pjpjpjpj, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  2. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:

Your odds are 1/4 of getting it so I'd say 4 tests with odds of 1/256 should be conclusive.

Roman, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  3. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    85815247 - 85817247 - here you go, currently the profile has about 18 pending request, i'll yell to all if it works and the link on your service in my sigs for 2 weeks !

rewlie, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  4. pjpjpjpj

pjpjpjpj Peon

Best Answers:
    So are you saying that I should be asking for a range of 128,000 and then it will be definitive, or that if you give me 4 different ranges of 2,000 with odds of 25% on each that the odds of hitting invites after all 4 would be 1/256 if random?

I would prefer the 2nd option, as that is only 8,000 invites and not 128,000, which would take me close to 10 hours.

Thanks for your accurate analysis of the situation, though.. Such commentary will help to prove eventually that my application is effective. Just let me sit here for an hour typing out damn validations to prove so..

5. bunnybling

bunnybling Peon

Best Answers:
    One question I haven't seen about adding friends and the value of the number of friends is:

Are friends that make the request of you to add them more valuable than the ones that are added via mass requests?

For example: I have a profile with over 15,000 friends. All initiated the the "Friend Add" process as opposed to me being he "agressor" and asking them to add me.

bunnybling, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  6. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    Yes, the second option would be better. If That way there are 4 seperate proofs.

Roman, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  7. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's no more about the value that you speak nowadays, this is into business, so there's nothing personal involved.

rewlie, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  8. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    I don't think it matters if you add them or they add you. The reason people want massive accounts is to send out ads. Value may come in an account that has specifically targeted friends, but these types are hard to create and probably pretty valuable to the right person.

Roman, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  9. pjpjpjpj

pjpjpjpj Peon

Best Answers:
    As an added note, once I refine my application, I will be able to pick out friendID#s from searches and target specific demographics. I am currently processing validations, and will be running my 3 open challenges after.

For now, let me reset my router and cable modem. They are getting tired.

10. pjpjpjpj

pjpjpjpj Peon

Best Answers:
    Just some food for thought:

If it is true that only 500 invites can be sent out per day, and I have been working on my program for a TOTAL of 13 days, then that would mean I have only sent out 7,500 invitations.

At that rate, having 3,200 profile views and 1,000 friends would be astronomical. That would mean half of the people who got invites:
    A) signed into myspace and saw the invite
    B) viewed the profile

My guess is that depending on the ranges I sent them in, that not that many people have even seen my invite. To get 1000 friends out of 7000 invites, aswell, would be good, concidering it is a stub fake female profile.

Such factors make it hard for me to believe there is a 500/day cap (ie. myspace doesnt tell you it is blocking the invites, and lets you believe they are confirmed.) However, such a high level of sceptisicm leads me to want to test the waters.

I look forward to disproving invalid beliefs, be them mine or yours.

Thanks again for your time,

Pete

11. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    About myspace letting you think you're sending invites long after you're not, trust me, I found out the hard way that is exactly what happens.

As for 1,000 friends out of 3,200 request, I get 300 - 350 out of 500 accept each day. Now in all fairness I know how to go about seeking out those more apt to accept quickly.

Roman, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  12. pjpjpjpj

pjpjpjpj Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahem...

Roman, thank you. I appreciate your time and information. I am thankful that I posted to this board. I am not happy that what I thought was going awfully well turned out to be going a whole lot less well, but I am glad that I am not going to progress in quite the same direction that I was headed before.

It is correct. There is a ~500/day limit on friend invites.

To clarify, MySpace still tells you that your invites are confirmed and the email is sent after 500/day. I have spent countless hours tuning my application to be able to confirm/send 4 invites/second.

My method was simply to hammer out the CAPTCHA validations for an hour straight, at the rate of about 1 CAPTCHA every 6 invites, for about 600 invites. After that, it would stop asking for CAPTCHA, and I figured MySpace decided I was a human and let me continue without bothering me anymore.

Ooops.

I apologize for wasting your time. I thank you for helping me resolve this.

I simply sent out all my validations and sent an invite to myself, no message on the other side though. Then I sent one from the other direction, and my profile received an invite.

Hmm..

Gotta think of a new strategy.

Please keep the flames to a minimum. Misunderstanding, not misleading.

pj

13. pjpjpjpj

pjpjpjpj Peon

Best Answers:
    I damn wished you guys were wrong, though. I could have used 3 weeks of sig advertising..

14. pjpjpjpj

pjpjpjpj Peon

Best Answers:
    Gosh, I have wasted a significant amount of time, energy, and thought.

On that note, anyone have any clever ideas to tackle? Perhaps possible directions to head with a similiar project that you might like to be involved it?

15. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    At least you were open about discussing it, I was kinda rooting for you even though I was skeptical.

Good luck.

Roman, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  16. collegebarscene

collegebarscene Peon

Best Answers:
    Last July a friend and I wrote a script that invited over 5 million people on myspace to join a group we created. We were nearing becoming the largest group on myspace just after a few days time. They ended up banning our 2 accounts and deleting our group.

you can read more here:
    http://www.brandonobrien.com/blog/fullView.php?eId=3

collegebarscene, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  17. relysites

relysites Active Member

Best Answers:
    interesting blog posting :)

relysites, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  18. exodusms

exodusms Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is way crazy.

exodusms, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  19. pjpjpjpj

pjpjpjpj Peon

Best Answers:
    I appreciate it.

Just for the sake of clarification, my application IS ABLE to process 250,000 friend invites a day. However, after 500 invites, it continues to show that the "email confirmation has been sent" for the friend invite.

That is what is fallacious, not my application. Damn MySpace bastards.

I again apologize for any confusion I created.

However, if anyone knows of a good use for an algorithm capable of processing over a quarter of a million webrequests a day, let me know.

20. CosmosCR

CosmosCR Guest

Best Answers:
    Bots can bypass captcha, Bots cannot bypass the 500 friend limit.

Edit: nvm didnt read the whole post

CosmosCR, Jul 11, 2006 IP