1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the best Social Community Script?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by stefffff, Mar 27, 2009.

i would like to buy a social community script... i need something like myspace!

from my searches i've came across Ablespace 1.0 but the reviews on this forum are not very favorable...

I've also read about PhpFOX... but the design is not quite good... - maybe you guys have come across some templates?

what other software do you recommend?

i am willing to spend about $800 for the software....

thank you in advance

stefffff, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  2. beatlemanu

beatlemanu Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of free ones out there. I haven't searched around for a while now though...

You could try Boonex Dolphin, I've heard the new version that's about to come out will be pretty good. I would test it a bit though, dolphin can be a bit buggy. But it is free.

I've also heard that the new vbulletin version will have social networking capabilities, but that won't come out for a while, at least not the stable version.

I've used phpfox and dzoic handshakes in the past and they were okay, but I didn't like the templates at all. Handshakes was probably better. But that's just me. They are both way under $800.

One to avoid is php izabi. I don't think they are even putting out new versions, but if they are, stay as far away from it as possible.

beatlemanu, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  3. ploked

ploked Peon

Best Answers:
    i have used phpfox on a couple of sites....you can easily get a sweet template implemented so it really stands out. the one thing i do not like about phpfox is all the 3rd party mods that cost $$$....wish it was more like vbulletin in that the extra functionality addons are free.

ploked, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  4. stefffff

stefffff Active Member

Best Answers:
    from what i've seen ablespace is pretty amazing... and the price $597 is reasonable... but everybody say they're scam... is that for real? i'm pretty good with php but from what i've seen ablespace is actually encoded using ioncube... any other suggestions?

stefffff, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  5. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This question has been asked over and over. Search for the topic here and take the time to read what others have already posted.

Conclusion: There are a lot of solutions, some better than others, no "best" solution, and some people will love or hate a product.

internetmarketingiq, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  6. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would loo into Boonex Dolphin aswell, I was thinking about getting it for a site I have.

Caesar1, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  7. chibiz5

chibiz5 Peon

Best Answers:
    phpfox is the one to go with. Also try to buy templates to make it look cute.

chibiz5, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  8. nrirac

nrirac Member

Best Answers:
    Dolphin unlimited license worth 790$ is with me .
    I can give you at a price.

nrirac, May 23, 2009 IP
  9. nrirac

nrirac Member

Best Answers:
    Dolphin unlimited license worth 790$ is with me .
    I can give you at a price.
    reply.

nrirac, May 23, 2009 IP
  10. Masterofkeys

Masterofkeys Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that software are different and it depends what you need a social network for. If that's a niche small community, you'll need something more localized then a Facebook type site. Check Community and Social Networking scripts from Pilot Group.net

Masterofkeys, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  11. Alex210

Alex210 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you care for your money than do not go for Ablespace and as well,do not buy coded scripts.
    In your place i would go for Drupal.You can build practically everything on this platform.Mods are there but php knowledge is a must [if you dont have than you need to hire someone who is also familiar with Drupal ].However even simply to ~Admin it~,will take you some time as is quite complex,but once you`ll understand it [ more,if you know php ], you`ll do great with it.[Many community sites are based on Drupal ]

Cheers,

Alex210, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  12. mexabet

mexabet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You said you've used Dzoic Handshakes in the past. Is any part of the script encoded? Please do let me know before I commit my money. If template is the only problem it has, I can design a custom one myself.

mexabet, Jun 18, 2009 IP