1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Installing several different cms

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by magda, Apr 6, 2009.

Just as an experiment, I want to try some different cms, rather than just drupal, joomla, and wordpress.
    I'm looking at things like concrete5, plone, umbraco, typo3, cms made easy, radiant etc.
    But installing them is such a chore - is there any 3rd party easy-install application that can be used?
    My hosting compnay has a one-click install for the more obvious cms, but I'm looking for something time-saving that will help me install any number of different systems.

magda, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  2. mohamed79

mohamed79 Peon

Best Answers:
    you mean script can automatically install CMS systems?, i am looking for the same thing you need .

mohamed79, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  3. flamer

flamer Peon

Best Answers:
    You can probably work out with Fantastico and do the addition of your scripts in there. Although it would take the same time to install a script via Fantastico and manually. It's just that it copies the files from the source to another website to get things installed.

flamer, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  4. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    If all you want to do is play around with 'em, why not simply go to:
    http://www.opensourcecms.com/
    You can immediately start playing around with the CMS of your choice, without any installation headaches.

Khadaji, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  5. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know that site well, and I'd also recommend it to anyone wanting to have a look at other cms - but it's not the same as actually having a site, and seeing how it performs, and trying things out over a few weeks or months.

magda, Apr 11, 2009 IP