1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does myspace marketing really work? Help!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by brandon93s, Apr 13, 2009.

How good marketing on myspace truely is? Does it really bring that much traffic to your websites?

Do you advertise in the opening thanks for the add message? Bulletins? Comments on their pages?

I really want to get into myspace marketing but need to know where to start etc.

Thanks.

brandon93s, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  2. ploked

ploked Peon

Best Answers:
    without knowing what your product/site is, i would prob recommend using twitter over myspace....

ploked, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  3. malfumos

malfumos Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to make many accounts in social sites so that you can increase your website traffic.

malfumos, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  4. hbl

hbl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep your MySpace layout simple. Make your MySpace profile a reflection of who you are. Make it easy for people to add you as a friend on MySpace. Use friend trains or Add Me Groups to get your profile seen by new people. Update your MySpace blog frequently. Encourage MySpace users to subscribe to your blog. Use MySpace bulletins to notify friends about changes to your profile. Don’t overuse MySpace bulletins. Comment your friend’s MySpace profiles and pics on a regular basis.

hbl, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  5. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    The reality is, is that, no, it does not work.

Simply put, because of the spam problem, you will be putting in more hours to make just one sale, while getting back very little in return.

Minimum-paid workers will make more money than you, and work far fewer hours.

But why ask? Just do it, to see for yourself.

copper12, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  6. multimastery

multimastery Peon

Best Answers:
    I really don't fool with MySpace too much because they have started blocking so may outside links (especially affiliate links) and they have even started doing this with the private messaging. I just think the MySpace wants to keep all the wealth to themselves and just continue to use the public to lace their pockets! There are many other great social network out there that allow marketers and business owners to promote their products and services in a uncensored professional manner.

multimastery, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  7. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace is good for branding but not for sales. When doing social marketing never limit yourself to one thing. Focus on Myspace, Facebook, Digg, Twitter, etc. It takes a lot of time but after a few months it is worth it.

primeelite, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  8. brandon93s

brandon93s Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why ask? Well you have all said "no, it is a terrible idea". This is why I as. I figured it was a waste of time, and my time was better spent here asking and getting quick firm answers then going on testing it out over a time span on my own.

Thanks all.

brandon93s, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  9. jaseenoor

jaseenoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried Myspace in the past. It never worked for me apart from some traffic. If you are looking for targetted traffic this is not the place to be in. I found both facebook and Myspace useless..
    I understand the tremendous ability of these sites to create traffic for our sites.

jaseenoor, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  10. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I reckon this is pretty much the same topic as Anyone still use Myspace Bulletins?

If you are using Myspace already (as an actual Myspace user!), then yeah, it can get you some traffic... but like others have said, its not worth the effort.

Qryztufre, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  11. lafsunlmtd

lafsunlmtd Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer Twitter Traffic over myspace traffic..

lafsunlmtd, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  12. brandon93s

brandon93s Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I have been using twitter recently to get traffic because it is very targeted (to an extent). Thanks for everyones input on the topic though.

brandon93s, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  13. staffsergeantpeterson

staffsergeantpeterson Member

Best Answers:
    The only way MS willl werk is if you use a Friend Adder. I used myspacefriendjunkie.com ---> added 400 buddies a day based on certain groups and niches then blasted bulletins to them. Most of them get ignored but the ones that actually act on the bulletin will convert. I use it for Tropical Fish

staffsergeantpeterson, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  14. eRamos

eRamos Member

Best Answers:
    MySpace can generate a lot of potential click-through, of course what happens after this click-through depends on the quality of your medium at that point, as to whether you make a sale/transaction or not. This means that MySpace can create a large amount of public awareness and market penetration for your products/services. The greater the awareness/market penetration of your products and services the more opportunities you have to make a profitable transaction. Manually going through MySpace, however, can be an immensely time consuming process, so to stream-line (or make more efficient) this process it's often wise to use a social networking tool (often in context to MySpace we call these friend adders, though some can do so much more). Friend invites, commenting, bulletins, ect. all the services offered in MySpace can be stream-lined across hundreds of thousands of potential consumers in times faster than a human could ever manually produce. I've tried a lot of these adders/tools and usually the problem was either a limit to the number consumers I could contact in a day, or the adder/tool felt incomplete (as it was missing some vital function/feature such as commenting on profiles, or crawling subsequent friends, or even something as simple as not messaging the same person twice. Though I've finally found an adder/tool that can accomplish all the things I've demanded of it and can use all the services MySpace has to offer effectively: omyspacer. Their demo is fairly unlimited and will accomplish almost everything you could ever need for advertising on MySpace. I suggest you give it a try; you'll be surprised at how quickly you'll increase awarness of products/services and traffic to your sites.

http://www.omyspacer.com

eRamos, Apr 16, 2009 IP