1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where would you invest $100?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Captain Tycoon, Apr 14, 2009.

Ok, lets say that you have $100 that you can invest it on anything you like, but you must make it back within the same month. What would it be?

It doesn't have to be websites, perhaps the stock market (although that isn't a good time during the credit crunch :p).

Would love to hear everyones ideas :D

Captain Tycoon, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  2. lolage

lolage Active Member

Best Answers:
    Get a nice wordpress theme - $50
    Get a nice logo - $30
    Get a programmer to make some modifications to template - $20
    Write some content yourself - $0

= $100

Keep for 3 months, get some PR, get some traffic.

Resell for $400.

$100/month profit.

lolage, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  3. eFishy

eFishy Guest

Best Answers:
    Get a VPS, WHMCS, cPanel and get selling some hosting/domains to people :)

eFishy, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  4. swaggerer

swaggerer Active Member

Best Answers:

with $100? you gotta be kidding.

swaggerer, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  5. Captain Tycoon

Captain Tycoon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you think that the market is so saturated? It takes only $50 or less a month just to start reselling your space.

6. swaggerer

swaggerer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think you could offer a viable competing company with $100 investment. Unless you can design pretty well, get a hold of a free billing system. You can setup the accounts yourself but then you'll only be able to offer so many hours a day in support until things pick up.

I just think you could do a better investment with $100. I'd recommend finding a hot product, finding an affiliate, and putting that $100 toward a website for that product and adwords.

swaggerer, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  7. eFishy

eFishy Guest

Best Answers:
    $100 is enough...

$15 VPS
    $15 cpanel
    $15 WHMCS
    $0 Forum advertising

Hopefully you would make a profit and have covered your costs in two months time, then the chances are after two months you can sell the hosts on as well and make even more money.

Or you could just work for me/any other host on comission :D not really investing though :p

eFishy, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For me buying PRed domain is the good choice.
    The domain can be resale after optimization meaning increase the website earning.

mentos, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  9. eFishy

eFishy Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeh you could look for already established sites making a small profit, then go and increase traffic/proffit and resell.
    If there is already some profit probally means that there is potential to get more :)
    Just make sure you make the site better and not worse, I have got sites before making money but due to having too many projects had to let some slip and then end up been worth nothing!

eFishy, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  10. wiresaw

wiresaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Site Flipping. buy a site then sell it with 10-20% increase..

wiresaw, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  11. Captain Tycoon

Captain Tycoon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it possible to buy and sell shares via the net + bank transfer/paypal? :)

12. golasso

golasso Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gamble it on Bwin. With a little bit luck you make $ 200 of it.. (or you will loose it all :s )
    Maybe the site buying-reselling thing is better :)
    Greetz!

golasso, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  13. me4you

me4you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    register some domain and install joomla & wordpress and get traffic also a PR in 5 moths then you will sell them at DNforums !

me4you, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  14. ForexTradingZone

ForexTradingZone Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes there are many financial markets you can access through online brokers and fund with PayPal/NETeller/etc, not only stock markets. As you already mentioned, the stock market is not the best place to put your money in an economic downturn, but you can try the currency market, where something is always moving up in relation to something else (you just have to figure out what). Find yourself a good forex broker on my site, and also read through the articles to get you started. It is quite possible to turn your $100 into $200 within a week (although you would have to expose your $100 to considerable risk).

I have been trading financial markets for quite a while and can offer some free tips and advice. PM me if you have any questions. Good luck.

ForexTradingZone, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  15. professional1

professional1 Peon

Best Answers:
    If I had a $100 dollars to invest what I would do is first....

Signup for a cpa account or some affilate program that pays at least every 2 weeks just look they have lots of legit places HINT check out the search feature you can find good companies that pay even if you have to go into adult affiliate companies

Next you want to set you up a wordpress blog why??? cause there is tons of beautiful professional themes and plugins that will get your site looking nice with little to no effort

Once you have your wordpress site up you need to get some content I would work on writing some good content for your site and make it different categories if your can setup a blog with at least 5 different categories

We want to add at least 10 articles per category if you dont want to write your articles invest in outsourcing the article and do some keyword research very important to making money....

Ok we going to pick a good cpa offer to promote or affiliate product to promote and our word press blog will have nothing but articles about the product we are promoting

Now its time to drive traffic we are going to spend the 100 dollars mostly on getting advertment to our site this is the most important thing so you can get traffic and that will convert to sales...

Some things you can use to get traffic to your site and get real vistors is article marketing everyday submit at least 10 articles to directories you can hire someone to write the articles this can easily bring you in a couple sales if you have a good writer ....

next you can invest in getting a press release they have people who can do this for you and you can submit your site and get tons of traffic and sales fast you want to invest as much money as you can into traffic and articles that promote your site

If you just want to make quick money fast you can setup a site like this and flip it for a 100 dollars especially if you have good unique content on your site good luck

professional1, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  16. Doocey

Doocey Peon

Best Answers:
    HYIP for me :D

Doocey, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  17. zorde

zorde Peon

Best Answers:
    find a traffic program that delivers x hits for $100
    Then spend your month selling x/10 hits for $20 each

You could also buy a $100 Money Magnet Widget you make you money back after only 2 sales. after that it's pure profit! PM me if you want one.:)

zorde, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  18. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Better invest on the design and content. Remember that content is the king
    If there are some extra, the use it on SEO

lifeplayer, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  19. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I personally will love to buy some articles at freelance sites using $100. But stock markets are also good idea. I have invested few hundred dollars in Karachi Stock Market and I do trading some times.

You should consider investing in the stocks.

angilina, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  20. TalentScout

TalentScout Member

Best Answers:
    Something simple. Buying something undervalued at a market/auction/online - and selling it online to an audience that values it, e.g. on Ebay.

Best of luck
    TS

TalentScout, Apr 16, 2009 IP