1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TV/Movie Site Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by !Unreal, Nov 11, 2008.

1. ramakazi

ramakazi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    anyone know a script that will submit to multiple of these sides (sidereel.com, etc.) instead of doing each manually.

ramakazi, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  2. gooner4ever

gooner4ever Peon

Best Answers:
    I own http://www.heroestelevision.com/ site. It's PR4, only good content, no full episodes to watch just fan site. Great traffic. Ranks great on SE.

I'll link to your site on footer ( every page) if you do the same for my http://www.spoilersguide.com/

Contact me if you are interested via PM. Needs to be TV site.

gooner4ever, Apr 14, 2009 IP
  3. Zenetworks

Zenetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys,

I just registered after reading every page of this topic and looks interesting. I own a quite popular online movie website that is listed on Page 2 of OVGuide and i am getting really good traffic. I have used quite a lot of publisher ad networks such as adsense, adbrite, CJ (comission junction).etc. Adsense worked very well... (Until i got banned, (obviously) LOL. Adbrite was pure **** and CJ seems to be doing good at the moment but earning little. I have now started using graboid for the past 2-3 weeks and i have hope in it but anyone here using Graboid and has good experience with them. I have got 2 sales so far which is kinda rubbish and i'm getting loads of clicks but thats useless because you need sales or signups.etc. At this moment i have got around 600 clicks but not a single sale! Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Zenetworks, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  4. linkgator

linkgator Peon

Best Answers:
    Use CPALead (link in my sig), it works very well for me. You'll also get a lot more clicks. I'm not sure if OVGuide will still list you if you add the gateway, contact them and if they're okay with it you could make some serious money. :) How much traffic do you get by the way?

linkgator, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  5. Zenetworks

Zenetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Linkgator,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not to sure about CPALead, isn't that the ad that dims the screen site and then some sort of box comes up with an ad and you have to click out of it? I'm not to keen on on those type of ads, CPALead and Zango is also a popout type of box that you have to cancel to get out of and also most people consider Zango to be Adware/Spyware. The average monthly visitors is about 400-600,000.

Thanks.

6. linkgator

linkgator Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but CPALead isn't adware/spyware or any virus. People only have to complete a survey in order to access the site and cancel button is optional. It has a lot of features and you could customize a lot! If you really do get 400,000-600,000 visitors, you could easily hit 10k$+ a month. Join through my signature link and PM me your website, I'll get you approved right away if my manager is online. Try it for a day to see how it goes? or even just a few hours since your traffic is a lot.

linkgator, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  7. Zenetworks

Zenetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Yeah, I've signed up, waiting to get approved. I'll give it a trial run and see how it goes and let you know.

Thanks.

8. fouzie

fouzie Peon

Best Answers:
    How long does it takes to get listed in OVGuide? I have submit my link for 2 weeks but never get any response other than welcome email that tell me to wait? My site doesn't have any gateway ads such as zango/CPALead

fouzie, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  9. Zenetworks

Zenetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Fouzie,

It does take quite some time because OVGuide get loads of submissions but to follow up your submission, visit the OVGuide forums and post your link there, A moderator will let you know whats happening, when your site will be reviewed or added or rejected.etc. Good luck.

BTW, I noticed you are using Graboid, how is it going for you? How many sales and clicks?

Thanks.

Zenetworks, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  10. dalster44

dalster44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Movie-Search.ca​

We've made some changes with the way Movie-Search will work.

We've decided to make it a PPC engine rather than a monthly fee which we believe will yield much better results for our users.

Advantages:

• Pay ONLY for Clicks Received
    • Geo-Target your Users
    • Target YOUR Keywords (Most Popular Movies,Tv Shows,etc..)
    • Low Starting Bids of just ".05 cents"
    • Anti-Click Fraud Management

***The traffic coming to Movie-Search is extremely targeted, you will gain maximum exposure to potential customers while only paying if the visitor clicks your link.

***New Advertisers who deposit the minimum $5.00 will receive a bonus of $5.00 added to their account. Use CODE: DigitalPoint

Inclusion in our regular search results are now 100% FREE so if you would like inclusion just PM your website(s) and we'll crawl them.

Start Earning More Today!

To Sign-up for our PPC visit here: Movie PPC SignUp

Get in early and capitalize on HOT searches like "Hannah Montana Movie" etc.. and boost your profits from CPAleads, etc...

dalster44, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  11. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I might be interested once the bugs are finally worked out of the search engine. I just did several searches and they pretty much all turned up irrelevant results. I searched for the movie "sex drive", which I have, and some site with "Alf" showed up. "Max Payne" showed a bunch of movies that were NOT that movie at all, etc...

The problem with using PPC on the current model is that my site will turn up for the wrong searches, then if someone DOES click to go to my site out of curiosity and sees that it's the WRONG movie and not what they wanted, then they leave and I still get charged 5 cents per click.

The idea has potential though, so I'd like to be informed of any future improvements...

asmodeus, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  12. dalster44

dalster44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Using PPC feature you can set your own keywords, thats the best thing about the engine.

If you search for "Sex Drive" and have an ad for sex drive it'll show up top.

***I just searched Sex Drive and your site actually right there?

The other search did show unrelated filler ads, I'll check that out.

***You're ONLY charged for your PPC ads, NOT regular SE results. If you have no keyword "Sex Drive" you're Paid Ad will not show.

13. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My "sex drive" example was mainly to show that, if I was the owner of the Alf site, I would have shown up for "sex drive" and, if someone clicked my link and found Alf, they would leave and I'd be charged for it.

14. dalster44

dalster44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No you wouldn't. Thats a regular listing, Paid Listing will only show if the keyword matches.

15. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So, what your saying is that a PPC listing will show up in the "sponsor" section above, instead of among all the other listings below???

16. dalster44

dalster44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, that is correct. The actual Sponsored Ads are highlighted

17. fouzie

fouzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, thanks for the suggestion.

For Graboid, I got only 4% conversion to sales from clicks

fouzie, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  18. Samos

Samos Peon

Best Answers:
    @dalster: You got free listing now also? If you got I would like to sign up. And will maybe use paid later.

Samos, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  19. Hugeforum

Hugeforum Banned

Best Answers:
    Here are few questions :
    1- How much Unique And Page Visits are you getting daily ?
    2- What is your conversion rate at cpalead ? Do you have good and bad days ? Like one day 5~10% ratio and another day 20~30% ratio ?
    3- How much are you making and how many sites do you have ?
    4- How are you promoting your website ?

Hugeforum, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  20. dalster44

dalster44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll crawl the 2 sites in your signature. If you have any others just PM

dalster44, Apr 18, 2009 IP