1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Bookmarking Strategy?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by jibber, Apr 18, 2009.

Does anyone have a strategy to get the most out social bookmarking?
    Basically what do you do regarding social bookmarking.

jibber, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  2. BelissaC

BelissaC Peon

Best Answers:
    Other than getting traffic from social bookmarking sites, I get article writing ideas from these sites. There are days when I couldn't think of anything to write so what I do is do a search on the social bookmarking site for articles related to my niche. Just be sure not to re-write content or worse, copy them because you'll be tracked down.

BelissaC, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  3. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to get the most out social bookmarking - dont spam the bookmarking sites.

When you start bookmarking your pages or sites, only submit a few a week or a month. This one guy I heard about, he was submitting 20 articles a day to DIGG. And as a result, he was banned.

Go slow and steady when submitting your links. This also gives them time to get indeed by the search engines.

~kev~, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  4. Hoster1

Hoster1 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a really good idea.

I've used social bookmarking sites before for competitive ideas - this can be very handy, and it's free! :)

Hoster1, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  5. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    It depends on what's your purpose:

A) If you're trying to build backlinks - then just "spam" the social bookmarking sites with any content you have. Submit as much as possible to as many social bookmarking sites as possible and use keyword rich titles and descriptions. Even if they delete your account - just register a new one and continue until they ban your domain :D

B) If you're looking for some instant traffic (pretty much useless for most of the niches IMHO but anyway...) - then you don't need to submit each and every article you have but just your best content. Add some friends, get involved in the community in order to get more carma, diggs, ups, etc.

zexy, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  6. teenwolf41

teenwolf41 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just submitted them to social bookmarking to get quality back links. They won't give you much traffic unless it gets put on the first page.

teenwolf41, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  7. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just started to use social bookmarking. I am after backlinks. Social marker has made it easy for me to submit my sites.

squeezeplaycards, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  8. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally use Bookmarking Demon (do not buy through that link, that is my website) but either way I think social bookmarking sites can be great to get you indexed quickly and get some search love your way

The problem with the likes of social marker is that you have to register on all the sites manually which takes forever

Glen, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  9. Jessemn

Jessemn Peon

Best Answers:
    Zexy (as usual) speaks the truth here. As the owner of a social bookmarking site I can honestly say that you will get the best result by picking a few smaller social sites and actually getting involved with the community. Just by voting on a few stories and making a few comments on a smaller site, the community of that site will notice and take a closer look at what you have to offer. I just glaze over the submission spammers (and delete most of their entries) but I take a good look at all the submissions made by the legitimate members of my community.

I recently read a great article on the subject on Vandelay Design you can find here: How to Set Up a Domino Effect of Traffic.

Good luck!

Jessemn, Apr 18, 2009 IP
    zexy likes this.
  10. mozifox

mozifox Peon

Best Answers:
    I think zexy is right.jibber hope you get your answer.

mozifox, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  11. Alex Brooks

Alex Brooks Banned

Best Answers:
    I use a automatic onlywire submitter with Wordpress on all of my blogs, it works great for autoblogs :)

Alex Brooks, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  12. RifqiAF

RifqiAF Active Member

Best Answers:
    use onlywire auto submitter, and create at least 3 account on every bookmarking site...post each of your content with each account randomly and you won't get banned...I've done this and give some nice residual traffic to my blog...

RifqiAF, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  13. greatermushasi

greatermushasi Banned

Best Answers:
    if i submit my site 1/day...
    it's will be banned?

greatermushasi, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  14. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Of course you won't get banned. Only people submitting a massive a mount of URLs in a very short period of time (or illegal content) get banned. Furthermore you can always open a new account and continue submitting ;)

zexy, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  15. onlineprofits

onlineprofits Peon

Best Answers:
    Social networking site for me is just to build relationship with readers
    and direct them to the main site I have in profile. Seldom use the
    sites as media to promote my products.

onlineprofits, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  16. jasonxav

jasonxav Peon

Best Answers:
    Currently, I use socialmarker.com. There are 40+ social bookmarking sites where you can submit your link. Submitting eats a lot of time though. You can always hire someone to do this repetitive task anyway.

jasonxav, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  17. proboats

proboats Peon

Best Answers:
    Bookmarking is only useful if the site or page of your site you are bookmarking is viral or useful. Otherwise i doubt the search engines like it much

proboats, Apr 19, 2009 IP