1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips on Social Bookmarking

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by biggunn, May 10, 2009.

Hello Everyone-

Just looking for some advice and maybe some good websites on social bookmarking. I have a new web hosting review site I want to promote.

biggunn, May 10, 2009 IP
  2. Nixies

Nixies Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience the only real tips are to build really damm good content. Social bookmarking are human controlled, if your contents bad their is no hope for it.

Also pick good topics, pick a small niche and cover it very very well. don't go to general unless you believe you can add something worthwhile.

Nixies, May 10, 2009 IP
  3. Kinkyjoe

Kinkyjoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Choose about 20 social bookmarks, you can find plenty of lists here.

TIPS

Submit to each and every one of them with different description title etc.. so that google will pick them up as new content.
    Make sure that you include your keywords in the title tags, and description so that you'll have a keyword density of 2%-3%.

Hope that helps

Kinkyjoe, May 10, 2009 IP
  4. webdev08

webdev08 Peon

Best Answers:
  5. neslo1963

neslo1963 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is important to write som text to each marked page, to get it indexed with a rank.

neslo1963, May 10, 2009 IP
  6. MassiveTraffic

MassiveTraffic Banned

Best Answers:
    You need to research the stories that got to the main page of these social bookmarking sites. I noticed that controversy stories about Apple / Mac will usually be featured on the main page of Digg. Just make sure it's interesting and controversy enough then you'll stand a bigger chance to get massive traffic from these social bookmarking sites.

MassiveTraffic, May 10, 2009 IP
  7. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    kbeus21, May 10, 2009 IP
  8. Rich Kid

Rich Kid Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some programs that automatically generate unique articles and submit your articles on 80 different socaial bookmarking site one is these programs is called senuke i suggest you look into it.

Rich Kid, May 10, 2009 IP
  9. jameswalker

jameswalker Active Member

Best Answers:
    make sure whatever you are linking too is well written because if it isn't, no one with notice it and no one will vote for it. (Digg it)

jameswalker, May 10, 2009 IP
  10. Rahan

Rahan Peon

Best Answers:
    It's all about your content and writing detailed descriptieons and titles to attract readers to your page. It really is as simple as that.

Rahan, May 10, 2009 IP
  11. bestchamp

bestchamp Banned

Best Answers:
    Make a network of friends on the SB sites. This will help in promoting effectively as your friends will vote the stories

bestchamp, May 10, 2009 IP
  12. technomart

technomart Guest

Best Answers:
  13. bsfweb

bsfweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are the top 5 tips in optimizing social bookmarking to generate more traffic to your web site

1. A well structured marketing strategy to promote your site and the goods or services you sell. Bookmarking links to your web site will steer more traffic to your site from your target market.

2. Creating and maintaining interest is extremely important in attracting users to your site. You need to make the right connection with your target demographic in order to sustain their interest. This means generating a fictional profile of your target customer base and including information and features that would appeal to them.

3. SEO techniques, such as using highly searched key words, are crucial in allowing search engines to acknowledge your links when it hunts for specific phrases.

4. Combine SEO techniques with well written web copy. It can make a dramatic difference in generating traffic to your web site.

5. The type of bookmarking service you chose can ultimately increase the odds of your web site being sighted. Links to and from popular bookmarking sites and the use of highly efficient bookmarking tools can make a dramatic different in your online traffic.

bsfweb, May 11, 2009 IP
  14. robertstr

robertstr Member

Best Answers:
    Content is king that you need focus on.:)

robertstr, May 11, 2009 IP
  15. Zoheb M

Zoheb M Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I have read Social Bookmarking traffic is generally very untargeted and are not really buying customers.

Does anyone have any experience to support that? It would be great to know how it really is.

Thanks!

Zoheb M, May 11, 2009 IP
  16. letsnurture

letsnurture Peon

Best Answers:
    there are lots of bookmarking websites.. you can even search in google you will find 1000s of social bookmarking websites..

letsnurture, May 11, 2009 IP
  17. biddersspot

biddersspot Peon

Best Answers:
    Just search the threads and am amzaed how many waste thier time with questions, that can easly be answered on google (instant response)

So you have won the lazyman award ......your prize..... your automated answer as supplied by google :rolleyes:

biddersspot, May 11, 2009 IP
  18. TechCombo

TechCombo Peon

Best Answers:
    Wat I suggest is to try all the social bookmarking sites out here that have been published, but after one day check the traffic sources to see where your visitors are arriving from, if it is reddit, submit more articles that you know reddit users will appreciate and visit.

TechCombo, May 11, 2009 IP
  19. RadioBounce

RadioBounce Banned

Best Answers:
    When I make a post on my blog what I usually do is submit the post to a few social bookmarking websites. Here are the ones:

• Digg
    • Stumble Upon
    • Reddit
    • Delicious
    • Yahoo Buzz
    • Tweet it - Not really social bookmarking though, more micro-blogging

You could do it to more, you could do it to less but even if you do all that and don't have any quality, unique content it won't help. :)

RadioBounce, May 11, 2009 IP
  20. NiceFairPrice

NiceFairPrice Peon

Best Answers:
    SB can yield some very targeted traffic with the right funnel. Just think of your unique title and description as a funnel for prescreening or prequalifying customers;, the more exactly and carefully you write your text leading SB visitors to your site, the more likely they are to buy from you. You need to be sure that your niche is covered in whatever SB site you use. For example I do not use Digg or Technorati because they do not fit the niches I write for. Oh, and also make sure that you enjoy the SB site that you are using and make lots of friends there for a ready-made fan club for your links/sites. Hope this helps.

NiceFairPrice, May 11, 2009 IP