1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cms with forum and shopping cart

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by jesicamaiden, May 13, 2009.

Helloo, can any of guys help me i am looking for a cms which includes shopping carts, i mean a product section. and do have a forum. it should be search engine friendly. please do help me.

jesicamaiden, May 13, 2009 IP
  2. free3dart

free3dart Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla (CMS)
    Fireboard (Forum) - Component for Joomla
    Virtuemart (Shopping Cart) - Component for joomla
    SEF - component for joomla.

free3dart, May 14, 2009 IP
  3. movieago

movieago Guest

Best Answers:
    joomla has all of this as a free / separate download on the joomla website, they call them extensions.

movieago, May 15, 2009 IP
  4. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal is a solution you should look into. Joomla is not secure enough to be used on anything. But if you feel like it, go ahead and go with joomla. That will make you appreciate a quality CMS like Drupal a lot more.

Besides Drupal, there is MKportal. Mkportal offers full integration with most of the popular forum software, such as VBulletin, SMF and several others. Members can share the same login between the site and the forum. The one thing I do not like about mkportal, the admin control panel looks dated and lacks certain features. But I dont know if it offers a shopping cart. But you might be able to find a shopping cart for the forum and us it from there.

Another option is Wordpress + VBulletin + wordpress vbulletin bridge. The bridge can be found at vbulletin.org. Members share one common log in between wordpress and vbulletin. With the number of plugins for wordpress, finding a shopping cart should be easy.

~kev~, May 16, 2009 IP
  5. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Virtuemart also can cause very high server loads.

gemini181, May 16, 2009 IP