1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promoting your site: Social Bookmarking Traffic

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by ShadyStudent, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello all,

I wanted to start a discussion on peoples views on the following topics:

• Worth of Social bookmarking traffic
    • Ways of getting social bookmarking traffic
    I hear a lot of people getting thousands a day from social sites such stumbleupon and digg. But is this traffic good for your site, do they convert for you?

For me the most important thing is on how to get lots of "stubmles" or "diggs" for my site. What do people think of automated software that does this?

Happy discussion. :rolleyes:

ShadyStudent, May 19, 2009 IP
  2. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find that social networks provide a very large amount of traffic to my blogs, and they are definitely useful to have in your arsenal of marketing tools. I wouldn't rely solely on social networking and bookmarking, but they are definitely a great way to gain quite a large amount of traffic. Of course, if you just started a new blog or website, the odds of it hitting the FP or Digg is slim to none, but if even one article hits that front page.. sit back and enjoy :)

Ascendancy, May 19, 2009 IP
  3. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    From the ones who are doing that?

Then you heard lies.

Try this out for yourself. Give it a few months. Experiment. You will then know the reality of it all.

You can submit just so much to any one site at a time. If you flood it, you may be kicked out, and, since there are only a few network sites that have a lot of traffic; that are worth submitting to, these softwares are useless.

Besides, let's, say, there are 6 sites to submit to. How long does it actually take to submit to all of them? Maybe, maybe, 10 minutes?

Big whoop.

copper12, May 19, 2009 IP
  4. ShadyStudent

ShadyStudent Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you say that? Also what you're telling me can be stated as a lie itself.

These are just many of the stories you'll hear if you read internet marketing related sites.

But forget these claims, what I am interested in is automating all this traffic methods!

Submitting is fine, but getting noticed is the more important question.

My question wasn't very direct. I mean getting lots of "diggs" and "stumbles" and reviews via an automated process.

Getting your site up the popularity ladder on the social bookmarking sites isn't easy even if you have great content etc. ;)

ShadyStudent, May 19, 2009 IP
  5. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, a lot of times you need to find ways to sort of cheat the system. People who hit the front page of Digg are submitted by either popular diggers, or are submitted from popular sites. I suggest starting smaller when you first start off with social networking advertisement, as hitting the front page of Digg isn't easy (trust me, I've tried).

Ascendancy, May 19, 2009 IP
  6. teenwolf41

teenwolf41 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking does not provide good traffic for most sites. If you can get your site on those sites top pages than you can get traffic. What they do however, is provide your site with a high PR back link.

teenwolf41, May 19, 2009 IP
  7. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    The only way you will know for a fact is to try it. That way you will see for yourself.

*chuckles* yeah, I know about this guy. A blowhard to the very end, and his site gets very little traffic anyway.

Did he provide a link to that page?

I'm betting no.

But if you believe it, well, what can I say.

Anyway, good luck on your search for this software.

copper12, May 19, 2009 IP
  8. bumble bee

bumble bee Peon

Best Answers:
    I think reddit is using to bring traffic for your sites and i heard it is best among all social bookmarking sites.

bumble bee, May 20, 2009 IP
  9. ShadyStudent

ShadyStudent Peon

Best Answers:
    lol He must be doing ok since his site gets incredible amount of traffic. This is not to say its all thanks to the social bookmarking traffic. But a guy with that sort of site and traffic must know a thing or too.

ShadyStudent, May 20, 2009 IP
  10. Tom Lindstrom

Tom Lindstrom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

If you are a blogger who is writing good content and trying to make money from it, you will need traffic from search engines because it is highly targeted traffic.I find social traffic useless because it does not convert (it is not targeted, people are not interested in what you write about /offer.

Tom Lindstrom, May 20, 2009 IP
  11. askaqueryad

askaqueryad Active Member

Best Answers:
    askaqueryad, May 22, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.