1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you Ever Hit the Front page of Digg?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Ascendancy, May 19, 2009.

I have seen many threads on here about people talking about social marketing with Digg, but I have tried many times and just can't seem to get it. How many of you have had articles hit the front page of Digg, how did you do it and what kind of results for traffic did you see?

Ascendancy, May 19, 2009 IP
  2. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I have not, but from what I understand if you have a large blog following and ask them to digg you it is very possible to hit the front page.

kbeus21, May 19, 2009 IP
  3. Ugluk1000

Ugluk1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think for the largely syndicate blogs that feature promenant digg buttons AND attract the typical digg crowd (failblog, huffington post for example), its absolutely no problem. If you have no 'network' of people you can ask to digg you, your content has to be outstandingly special to stand a chance.

Ugluk1000, May 20, 2009 IP
  4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, never and i wish i can get it one day

lifeplayer, May 20, 2009 IP
  5. NICKY Nitro

NICKY Nitro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have! I was on the 1st spot for a 24 hour period of time...and got some 20,000 + visits to the website, however, I have to mention that these visits are nothing more than visitors checking the content for several seconds and then leaving.

The quality of the traffic is not that good, the attention span of visitors is kind of unsatisfactory.

In other words, digg traffic is not the option for you if you want to make money.

NICKY Nitro, May 20, 2009 IP
  6. gaz256

gaz256 Guest

Best Answers:
    i did for a brief amount of time, right until all the traffic crashed my server

gaz256, May 20, 2009 IP
  7. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't done it before!

Chancey, May 20, 2009 IP
  8. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not that I know of,
    I did reached Reddit/Mixx and some other similar websites into front page, It is just cute - having lot of traffic for 1-2 days, But that's about it ;)

metros, May 20, 2009 IP
  9. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, a couple of times a few years ago. I don't use Digg anymore, it's only useful for indexing fast your new pages/sites.
    The traffic used to be 30000-40000 visitors in 1-2 days or so, I don't remember anymore.
    You will earn $20 or so in AdSense, definitely not worth it. Too much efforts and server load.

zexy, May 20, 2009 IP
    metros likes this.
  10. masazies

masazies Active Member

Best Answers:
    agree with zexy, definetely digg worth it for get index fast, consider giant digg visitor if you get frontpage then your server will down coz get 20k-50k in short time

masazies, May 20, 2009 IP
  11. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    Spending too much time blindly attempting to reach the front page of DIGG is time better spent on SEO work for your site.
    Within minutes of that Saddam Hussein hanging video being broadcast to the internet, I found it and posted it on one of my sites.

Was on the first page for Google search and got 30K visitors in a few hours.
    Banner ads at the top of the page made around $350 for an entire month.
    Use that theory in your niches and spend time working on that.
    Consider that was one post on a forum, and people were mainly clicking the video, NOT banner ads.
    BUT- it was still targeted toward what they wanted from Google.

If you have a site well-liked by Google, be sure to have your cable news stations on in the background while you work at the computer.
    Breaking news stories should get posted to your site/blog immediately.....you might be surprised at the results.

Claymation, May 20, 2009 IP
  12. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to here some people here have hit the FP. Sad to hear that the traffic isn't worth peanuts :(

Thanks for the input!

Ascendancy, May 20, 2009 IP
  13. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not the traffic although that is nice... it's the links that you get from that traffic. If your article is seen by 10,000 people there is a good chance it will give some of those people some story ideas for their blog. Which... in return they often write and link back to you.

It possible to get over 200 links from a Digg homepage hit.

larysmith711, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  14. mohawker

mohawker Active Member

Best Answers:
    deanhunt.com has done it tons of times. you should check him out.

mohawker, Jun 2, 2009 IP