1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Digg essential or really that helpful in term of a blog

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Gomar, Jun 1, 2009.

I got a question.

I've been working on my blog for a while now, but not seeming to pull in as many visitors as I hope. I just basically do some keyword selecting, a tiny bit of backlink and write post.

Any other recommendations? I just starting using digg, not too sure how it really works and if it's really that useful.

Thanks in advance

Gomar, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  2. teenwolf41

teenwolf41 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless you get your blog on the first page of Digg it won't give you any traffic. It is great for a high quality back link however so its worth doing.

teenwolf41, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  3. Avisblr

Avisblr Member

Best Answers:
    If you include some good keywords while digging, it may show up on Google and get you the traffic.

Avisblr, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need to build up network at diig and provide unique article before you can generate traffic

lifeplayer, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  5. john-2k

john-2k Member

Best Answers:
    I've read that the "Digg effect" generally results in a flood of visitors for a day or so, but those visitors often leave just as quickly as they found your site. It's probably not the most effective thing to focus on Digg for your traffic. Focusing on content would probably achieve better long-term results.

john-2k, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  6. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very true, I find that if I type in article names of posts I've made and submitted to Digg in the past, sometimes the Digg result will pop up as the first result if my article hasn't been indexed yet! Definitely worth the submission :cool:

Ascendancy, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  7. Phooey

Phooey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree. It's great for bursts of traffic, but not steady traffic. It does, however, help with backlinks.

Phooey, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  8. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't depends on digg only, there are number of social bookmarking sites out there to work on.

bobchrist, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  9. oxpaulo

oxpaulo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the best time to post on Digg is when you write a Best of, Top 10 or any kind of link bait article. That being said, its still worth submitting most posts, even if you might not think it will be popular. You never know, a really popular Digg user may like it and then the floodgates open.

oxpaulo, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  10. mohawker

mohawker Active Member

Best Answers:
    getting traffic from digg is really hard if the audience isn't in tune with the niche yo're going for.
    digg is usually only attracted to interesting and latest stories.

mohawker, Jun 2, 2009 IP