1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did some one use magentocommerce

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Rizwankhan, Jun 2, 2009.

Hi,
    One of my clint is asking for magentocommerce we have used oscommerce... does any one have idea about it??

its used in uk...

Rizwankhan, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  2. pod

pod Peon

Best Answers:
    pod, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  3. port23user

port23user Member

Best Answers:
    I built a site using Magento. It was a huge pain in the neck. Customization was a pain. doing updates was a pain. And it was extremely slow on my slicehost vps.

That being said, it's got a lot of sweet features. It's nice that you can use it to run multiple stores with multiple designs, all sharing the same database. If you decide that it meets your needs, make sure you've got a server guru (I had a bunch of permissions problems especially when using the auto updater) and a host that's optimized for Magento.

port23user, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  4. port23user

port23user Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yea, also make sure you've budgeted enough time to figure out how to customize the templates. It's pretty complex and will take a bit of research/patience.

port23user, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  5. mymyhope

mymyhope Peon

Best Answers:
    i am using magento ,now it's fast

mymyhope, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  6. gary4gar

gary4gar Peon

Best Answers:
    magento is excellent cart but its more resource intensive. so you need a powerful VPS/Dedicated solution to run it effectively.

gary4gar, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  7. port23user

port23user Member

Best Answers:
    What is your hosting setup (eg host, os, ram, webserver, etc)? What's your page load time?

I had my configuration all tricked out using Litespeed, caching, compression, and other stuff. According to YSlow, my fastest page would load in ~3 seconds. My slowest page was the single-product information page (which wasn't complex--just a small photo, title, and description) and that loaded in ~20 seconds.

port23user, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  8. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've got multiple Magento sites and have been extremely pleased. After using OSCommerce for over a year, Magento knocked my socks off so to speak. I built the first version of my Magento sites myself. Since then, the folks at NeoNexus Corp. in Wilmington, North Carolina have been great to deal with and very professional.

North Carolina SEO, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  9. Dhvanesh

Dhvanesh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Sorry but I personally believe that Oscommerce is just crap and does not belong in the same category as Magento Development. I would suggest going with magento if you are serious about your webstore because Magento is the only open source technology which offers complete flexibility and control over the look, content, and functionality of an Online Store. Now-a-days it's booming in ecommerce world.

Dhvanesh, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  10. schlogo

schlogo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oscommerce is dying i guess, versionning is poor and the security is really crap, i would use magento or virtuemart

schlogo, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  11. rajput_jitendra

rajput_jitendra Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento and VirtueMart are good shopping cart software for ecommerce website design. Both are flexible and customize as per your requirement.

rajput_jitendra, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  12. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Regretfully, I must admit that the work from NeoNexus Corp. has not continued to be fulfilled. In fact, the site I had built has NEVER been finished by NeoNexus Corp. as was agreed to in writing and has been closed down. The funny part is that NeoNexus Corp. continues to print online that they have never lost a web client. This is certainly one they have lost!

North Carolina SEO, May 14, 2010 IP