1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much should I charge for a web design?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by mediarosh, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Eirik-M

Eirik-M Peon

Best Answers:
    Freelancers most - upto $150 - I usually make an agreement that extra charges will be made if the client want many revises, subpages etc... If you code it - upto $300.

Depends if you are new and starting in the market, or experienced and very talented.

Eirik-M, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  2. johnhinds

johnhinds Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't feel bad if someone turns you down after you quote them. It happens all the time. They are many people who are ignorant as to what it takes to design. I swear some people must think it is a hobby and not a profession.

There are a ton of projects out there. If someone doesn't offer you the money you are looking for, then ask someone else.

johnhinds, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  3. johnhinds

johnhinds Active Member

Best Answers:
    One last thing. Always request a deposit. It should be about half of the total cost. I had two people flake out on me this week and for some strange reason I didn't ask for a deposit. Don't assume they are going to pay you. Stay on top of it.

johnhinds, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  4. vhodgkin

vhodgkin Peon

Best Answers:
    For a professional web designer with any sort of college degree, many business transactions cost more than $1,000 in total for not only designs, but other services as well. Using a freelancer on a website such as this, or somebody just starting out or whom does not have a credible degree or referenced experience, would charge a fraction of this. Somebody with a small home business, for example, may pay a hundred or two. Somebody with a larger company may go for a more professional experienced designer and pay several hundred. A larger corporation would pay much more than that, ranging from $900 - $2500 for entire services

vhodgkin, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  5. mediarosh

mediarosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the feedback. I'll probably start out by asking for $100 per uncoded layered PSD design, and see how that goes. Wish me luck. :)

mediarosh, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  6. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO. graphic design price is $30, coding html/css $30 and editing the content $30 .

justinlorder, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  7. fdelixx

fdelixx Peon

Best Answers:
    i suggest you to design by you own because to payment people is high demand..use to photoshop to design...

fdelixx, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  8. Doing_Dreams

Doing_Dreams Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the things are getting crazy here (ok, not only here..) 10$ or 30$ for a web design? please... So many people are playing with graphic design nowadays, that's the reason, but the quality of their 'products' is so low! So if do high quality design - don't hesitate to charge more than 100$ - if they are satisfied, they'll pay you even more

Doing_Dreams, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  9. vtopaloff

vtopaloff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everyting depends of your portfolio...

vtopaloff, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  10. hollywould

hollywould Peon

Best Answers:
    Couldn't have said it better myself. We charge in upwards of $150 per hour, not per design. Your portfolio will justify your rate. We've been working for $150/hour since day one. Some sites take a few hours. Some take in upwards of 40+ hours. Regardless, if your work stands out, people WILL hire you.

An example of our portfolio can be found here: http://www.yourmarque.com/portfolio/web.php

*Note that I am only sharing this link as an example of the kind of work that garners $150/hour for us. I am not posting for new business. As a matter of fact, we're flushed the entire summer. So we couldn't take on any new jobs, anyhow.

hollywould, Jul 4, 2009 IP
  11. mjtirur

mjtirur Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice thread !

mjtirur, Jul 4, 2009 IP
  12. Destinyx3

Destinyx3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest not using DP as your main source of clients. Nothing against the clients on here, but I see people expecting good quality for cheap prices. You can never have both. I would suggest finding a freelance site such as getafreelancer.com or elance.com and looking for clients there. You will be paid for quality.

Destinyx3, Jul 4, 2009 IP