1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. WebEvader

WebEvader Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, the best way to promote your proxy list is to get familiar with SEO ;)

WebEvader, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  2. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hi mate i asked my hosting guy and he changed the nameserver gateway ( as i saw in my vps /etc/resolv.conf entries so its better to ask your hosting provider )

i still no idea why it changed :D

chandan123, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can promote it by submitting to other popular topsite and do some link exchange with proxy owner.

mentos, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  4. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    USA mainly, most of the traffic is largely due to SEO so its targeted to proxy site useage.

Adversal? Hmm OK I shall try :)

I realise its Summer but I am still getting 10,000k traffic in summer, in the olden days...lol traffic used to die in Summer, mine has just increased. Increase in Summer Schools maybe? :p

Thanks

willyboy104, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  5. downunderwunder

downunderwunder Peon

Best Answers:
    After my first 2 days I thought I was golden getting 2.50 a day with about 900 uniques.. then the weekend hit :(

downunderwunder, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  6. chandan123

Best Answers:
    just wait for monday ;)

mean while u can look some plugins , tweaks etc :p

chandan123, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  7. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My proxies not doing great, but I am not losing any money. I have mad an Odysee looking for good ad networks, right now I am happy to have found smowtion, see may signature if you want. I use them on the proxyfied page; for the landing page big G is still the best

vahing, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  8. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I noticed that even with large amounts in the thousands of visitors a day you still be hard pressed to make even $20. One my sites averages something like 5,000 people a day but makes only $30/month with adsense. But during the summer its just alot of garbage traffic per say from places where no advertisers are interested. Its alot of 1 cent clicks. If you can't afford to serve the traffic on your dollar then you may aswell block them and get a cheaper hosting solution.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    Dollar, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  9. footballbob06

footballbob06 Peon

Best Answers:
    What are the ip's to block I have blocked some already?

footballbob06, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  10. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:

I recommend http://maxmind.com as the most efficient way to do it. There is data file and you just put some php code into your page. They have the code hidden in this folder.
    You need the sample.php , the geoip.inc and the geoip.dat file. Although the sample.php is missing an extra line of code, since its just showing you how to echo there country, you need to grab there Ip and compare it the geoip.dat and then compare it to an array of allowed country codes. If you do some searching you should beable to find the a tutorial on using those files.

Dollar, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  11. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh ya btw guys I was reading a security article on blocking proxies that is distributed by sans.edu for school administrators. Someone's site here mwolk.com was mentioned in the article on how to scrape the site and grab the new proxies and add them to the block list automacically, . Apparently they are doing this to alot of sites, they specially like RSS feeds becuase there really easy to scrape and update their blacklist with since the code in them never changes so they don't have to do any maintenance on the regular expressions that they use in their scrappers.

So anyone who owns a topsite might want to make their sites harder to scrape or update your divs once and awhile to break their regexs and get rid of rss feed or don't put directlins or the full domainname in the achor text. (that can be salvage aswell.) I'll give some examples below ( pseudo code).

Using mwolk.com's new proxy page as an example since their mentioned in that article. http://mwolk.com/proxy each proxy link like is like this

<tr class="even"><td class="view-field view-field-node-data-field-proxy-field-proxy-url"><a href="http://rtsc.info/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Rtsc.info</a>

To get it simple they make a perl script or something like that and fetch the page once a day and apply a regex like

preg_match(#"<td class=".*?proxy-url"><a href="(.*?)".*></a>#,$input,$tmp)
    $link = $tmp[1];
    Code (markup):
    and cycle that threw and you can grab each link.

Grab the links when the href="" is not a direct link?, use the anchor text!

preg_match(#"<td class=".*?proxy-url">href=".*">(.*?)</a>#',$input,$tmp);  
    $link = "http://" . $tmp[1];
    Code (markup):

To break their regex? Change
    <td class="view-field view-field-node-data-field-proxy-field-proxy-url">

to
    <td class="view-field view-field-node-data-field-proxy-field-proxy-url2222">
    (if the class references a CSS declaration you'll have to update that also)
    Avoid scrapping the anchor text? dont add the domain extension. Remove it. So just <a href="http://wallyproxyworld.com>wallyproxyworld</a> - or come with your own thing.

Hopefully I've enlightened some of you who heard them gathering blacklists in this manner and wondered how its done, its really easy to do with regular expressions.

Dollar, Aug 1, 2009 IP
    cgoly01 likes this.
  12. WebEvader

Best Answers:
    Thats fine since Mwolk.com only adds 3 proxies per day, and hasn't been managed/updated in months ;)

I always thought this was happening to the main sites like proxy.org and tech-faq anyway...

I'll do this to my proxy list though from now on, Thanks for the heads up ! +repped :)

WebEvader, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  13. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I imagine tech-faq is scraped big time, and it could be easily scraped with the anchor text instead with my second code example. He also has a rss feed and a twitter thing so I wouldn't doubt it all. Hopefully he tries to break their regexes least once a week or something by just chaning the divs often. (But I dont think he is doing that actually, maby Will.spencer will when he read this though :D )

Dollar, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  14. Guthix121

Guthix121 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads up - I won't change the anchor text, but I will change the DIV every so often.

Guthix121, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  15. aywluvtoa

aywluvtoa Peon

Best Answers:
    help...
    i got smart pricing
    anyone can give me some solution to help me escape from this???
    only my proxy site got the smart pricing...

aywluvtoa, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  16. chandan123

Best Answers:
    :eek: what u mean by i got smart pricing ?

chandan123, Aug 2, 2009 IP
    mentos likes this.
  17. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, I am currently working alongside a proxy developed to create a new proxy script which will fix all the problems and annoyances that proxy users have when using our proxy sites and I was wondering what sort of things you would be looking for in a proxy script?

What things don't work for proxy sites and what things would you want in a proxy script to make you use it and make users of proxy sites find it more practical?

Thanks
    Will.

willyboy104, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  18. aywluvtoa

aywluvtoa Peon

Best Answers:
    my adsense click is down...
    only around 1-5 cent every clicks...
    and people say it must be smardpricing from adsense...
    :(

aywluvtoa, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  19. WebEvader

Best Answers:
    @WillyBoy104 ~ can you make it as lightweight and fast as possible, compatible with youtube, facebook, myspace etc... I will think of some other things and PM you ;)

WebEvader, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  20. footballbob06

footballbob06 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a question about adrotator on proxified pages.
    It is a glype proxy.
    So I tried the free Ledads the cgi one and got some ads added then put in the ad code they said and it didn't work so I thought maybe it was their program.

So I tried a very simple adrotator. It is found here just a quick php and text file
    http://www.phpbuddy.com/article.php?id=4

It looked like it would work just fine but I am having problems. I know it works because I have adbrite working and here is where I am putting it in. I have tried a few different things to get it to work <?php include 'adrotator.php' ?> as it is named adrotator.php and it is in main file. Don't know much about programming so even tried something that looked like the adbrite code.
    <script src="http://mysite.com/adrotator.php" type="text/javascript"></script>
    also tried <?php echo include 'adrotator.php' ?>
    Sorry for being such a newb but I am frustrated any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Josh

This is where I added it
    # Location on proxied pages just below the url mini-form.
    # It will show as a PART of the form (grey background).
    # For ads use the next variable $themeReplace['proxied_below_form']
    $themeReplace['proxied_within_form'] = <<<OUT
    <!--proxied within form-->
    This is where I added the code!
    <!--end proxied within form-->
    OUT;

footballbob06, Aug 2, 2009 IP