1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help please!

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Twi$ted, Aug 21, 2009.

I was planning on starting to learn some graphic design in my spare time so eventually once I get decent with it I can earn some extra money on the side. What do I know about graphic design though? Pretty much nothing. I've done I think all together 3 signatures through photoshop, but that's about as far as it goes.

I was wondering if people could give me some tips on how to start progressing to becoming able to eventually sell my work?

Some questions I have involve
    1. What type of programs would I need to use?
    2. Do you know of any sites out there that could assist me with the beginning process of graphic and logo design?
    3. How do you really make money off it?

I appreciate any help. Honestly.
    Thank you.

Twi$ted, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  2. Duff1000

Duff1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Twi$ted,

I'm glad to see more people are interested in graphic design lately.
    I want to assist you and will answer all of your questions with my knowledge on the subject:

1) there are a lot of graphics design software out there, you need to choose the one that fits to you. For example, I use Photoshop for all of my logo design works, I find it very comfortable for me. But there are a lot of people out there that uses adobe illustrator- This is a wonderful software as well to design logo (some will say the best).

2) There are so many tutorials website in the internet- google is the best way to find them with. I use those tutorial websites:

http://naldzgraphics.net/ (love this one, I think it's the best, in my opinion of course).

psdtuts.com (another great tutorial site, not very simple but really amazing tutorials in there)

http://www.smashingmagazine.com (filled with wonderful freebies, tutorials and more)

3) As for a to start making money from it? first thing just practice, just make the things the tutorials teaches- just for learning the tools and how is the software you use is working. after you know how to use your software, combine your brian with it- because good logo should come from the head, then you can start entering contests and even offering your service over at the design section. Hecky wrote a wonderful ebook on how to make money from logo design, you should really read it, it's free :) here is the link:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1463454

Hope I been helpful!
    Duff.

Duff1000, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  3. Sulan84

Sulan84 Member

Best Answers:
    graphic design?
    - Webdesign ?
    - ScreenDesign ?
    - Printdesign ?
    - 3D Design ?
    - etc..

Make a decision first, which Design you want to learn!

Greetings

Sulan84, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  4. Twi$ted

Twi$ted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mainly graphic / logo design. That's the area I was considering, although I heard you can do web design with photoshop as well. Just the whole coding thing really isn't for me.

Twi$ted, Aug 21, 2009 IP