1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    prilep, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  2. Meph

Meph Peon

Best Answers:
    Proxywhereabouts, have you tried advertlets before? Do you know what is their CPM rate like? Thanks

Meph, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it can make good money some times even better than proxy it self.
    Coz there are many way to earn from it such as by selling premium listing.
    The good example is proxy dot org.

mentos, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  4. seminarpw

seminarpw Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate to say this, but I think who wants to win the saturated proxy business competition need to know about this...

OK, here`s my brutal opinion about CO.CC bans...

Just like internet marketing, proxy niche is very cluttered nowadays!
    SO MANY (hundreds of people want to taste the water of proxy business EVERYDAY!)
    SO MANY newbie wants to jump in proxy business because the entry barrier is very low,
    the start up capital is very very small!
    Everybody could start up a proxy business just with ZERO CAPITAL!
    Yup, I start my proxy business with NOTHING!

I use PHP FREE HOSTING that support UNLIMITED add on domain like this: www.hosting.ladova.com [I](aff) [/I] (VERY RECOMMENDED Hosting, Uptime 99%)
    and free co.cc domains.
    ( Disclaimer: This free hosting doesn`t allow proxy script on their free host so maybe if you`re unlucky you could get ban for this, but I wonder why the admin still allow my proxy script there until TODAY!, I think I`m just a lucky bastard, lol...)

BUT, I think this is the main reason why proxy business become saturated:

Because there are also so many "genius" proxy owner out there is very desperate with their Adsense earning so they find that selling Bullshit proxy business ebooks is a way more profitable than doing it!

I hate when a scammer who write e-books out there always BLUFFING about their own result!
    Many (I don`t say all :)) of the proxy e-book writer out there doesn`t have web proxy business at all!

WTF, are you kidding me?
    Yup, that`s the BRUTAL TRUTH you can`t DENY!

So how could they have a VERY BIG Adsense screenshot earning?
    The BRUTAL TRUTH is it`s a FAKE!
    Yup, NEVER EVER EASILY TRUST other Adsense screenhot earning!

Everybody who knows HTML could easily make a FAKE $1,000/month ADSENSE earning just in 3 seconds using Notepad (you even don`t need sophisticated photo editing software like Photoshop to do this!)
    Just take a look at this typical sales letter:
    Let me tell you something you already know...
    The BIG GUYS who owns a LARGE PROXY NETWORK never sell e-books!

They never show their earnings to public...
    They always keep humble below the radar & also keep their success secrets very very carefully so that NOBODY knows how RICH they are just by doing proxy business!
    They are very wise...
    They don`t want to make the proxy business saturated!

So banning co.cc and banning proxy business ebook is not a solution!

The solution is DON`T USE the same strategy again and again on those e-book coz every new proxy owner that they must submit their proxy to tech-faq to get hundreds of easy traffic just for one dollar!

Man, I`ve been working in Marketing & Business Development field for the largest IT company in the world for years,
    I know what they`re doing,
    I know hoe the BIG GUYS play in their playground,
    I know how they become #1 and unbeatable in IT Business for years,
    I know how they beat every single competitor in their business,
    I learn many things about winning the competition in saturated IT business competition...

So I have 2 simple advice for you who are VERY DESPERATE with this co.cc saturated competition:
    1. DON`t BE ANOTHER JOE!
    BE AS CREATIVE AS YOU CAN!

Don`t submit your proxy to tech-faq anymore (too many script kiddies and newbie proxy owner promote their proxy there! Maybe last year you could generate thousands of traffic form tech-faq, but today I tell you: it`s not worth it anymore for now!

Do you think the BIG GUYS (Privax Network)need to be worry about co.cc submission?
    I don`t think so!

Why? Because they already have their OWN MARKET
    (they are focusing on IT guys who need anonymizer instead of teenager students who wants to unblock their Myspace!
    That`s way they don`t need to afraid of schools admin blocking their IP,
    they don`t need to waste their precious time just to create new proxy, launch it, write different content, buying new domains and promoting to toplist every single day! Man, I`ve been there before, it`s sucks!
    It`s a very tiring & boring job to do that!
    Get a LIFE!

So where the big guys traffic coming from?

Off course the MOST viral & effective marketing is Word of Mouth!
    It works man!
    Everyone talking about them?
    Why? Because they are #1?
    Why they become #1?
    Because they have an OUTSTANDING service!
    They have a very fast dedicated server...
    No new proxy owner could beat HideMyAss if they don`t have millions of dollar start up capital!

Word of Mouth marketing spreads like swine flu virus over 162 countries in the world!
    And also, the big guys have a very BIG TRAFFIC from advertising, news release,
    paid traffic & SEO!

So the second tip is:

2. IF YOU DON`T HAVE BIG ADVERTISING BUDGET, OPTIMIZE YOUR SEO
    I think this is the best long term strategy for you.
    My site just succesfully rank #6 on Google.xx.xx for the word "xxx xxx xxxxxxx",
    You know what?
    I can enjoy hundreds of Unique Visitor per day just from one local Google.xx.xx
    (I could multiply it 20 times Google.xx.xx: it means thousands UV/day) just by doing nothing (no need to waste my precious time to submit my proxy here and there, cos Google is my 24 hour salesman! Google works for me and they best thing I don`t need to pay his paycheck at the end of the month! Could you imgine having a very loyal employee like that? ).

SEO is very good to earn FREE QUALITY (and also HIGH CTR) TRAFFIC!

Do I beat Proxy.org & HideMyAss.com?
    Picture Speaks Louder Than Words:
    [​IMG]

You want to DOMINATE Google?

Google AdWords, Toplist Submission, spamming Yahoo Answer & Yahoogroups to generate a bunch of traffic is only for Dummies,
    SEO is the REAL solution for Smart Proxy Owner!

Why spend a dime for Adwords if you could rank #1 for FREE?

If you don`t know anything about SEO, you could also use my low-cost SEO service if you want to, I found myself that`s it is more profitable doing SEO business than proxy busines...

Just PM me for further details... :)

50% Discount ONLY for FIRST Review Copy Customer TODAY!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    seminarpw, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  5. acur042

acur042 Member

Best Answers:
    Whats the difference between PHProxy and CGIProxy.

acur042, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  6. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    phpproxy is light weight and good for fast browsing pages
    cgiproxy is heavy weight :D take resource more and can be able to login sites

chandan123, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  7. Guthix121

Guthix121 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Never use AdWords for proxies. The cost .05/click in your case will far outweight your earnings.

Guthix121, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  8. Fakher

Fakher Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i use pagewash and kproxy they are good too....

Fakher, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  9. donfhaden

donfhaden Peon

Best Answers:
    Why I feel stranged. Look at your keywords "free web procsy"
    Just try another keywords "free web proxy"
    Do you hide google correction on your screenshot with "Did you mean: free web proxy"
    Your proxy on #1 google top because only your proxy has title and keyword "procsy".
    Use Google.com for result, not Google.co.xx

donfhaden, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  10. flakas123

flakas123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question.
    I've created my proxy ~1.5 months ago. It ran for 1 month, and then went offline and still is today. I want to continue with proxies, however, i don't know what to to with that proxy. Should i continue using same domain or should i get another one and start all over?

flakas123, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  11. Meph

Meph Peon

Best Answers:
    Your proxy started 1 month ago probably has gotten blocked by web filters already. I recommend getting a new domain from namecheap along with Free SSL. Get a domain with non-proxy keyword in the domain and in the content. Install SSL. This would prevent web filters from blocking your proxy easily. And yes, without proxy keywords or proxy related keywords on my site, I still do get $2+ per click from US traffic. Be smart and write your own content. Get good quality hosting, without a solid uptime hosting provider you might as well give up the proxy business to the serious individuals. Good luck! ;)

Meph, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  12. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get a new one and start fresh.

- Prilep :)

prilep, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  13. seminarpw

seminarpw Peon

Best Answers:
    That`s good, I like this guy, he is very wise,
    just like I already told you before:
    NEVER EVER EASILY OTHERS SCREENSHOT!

Since, I`m an Adobe Certified Expert,
    I use Photoshop to enhance the screenshot a little bit...
    But if you want to see the REAL TIME result you just need to go to
    Google.com, I just checked it just now that my site is still there, still have a solid #1 rank...

Yes, I do cos I want to insert my favorite quote:
    "BE THE BEST or DIE LIKE THE REST"

BUT, you could also see by yourself (no need to give screenshot here anymore coz anyone could check it real time on Google.com that I also for keywoord "free web procsy"...
    Just check it by yourself...
    I`m not sure that "free web procsy" is a Russian word or French word or mispelling English word (I think it`s mispelling),
    but what I`m sure is this keyword giving me LOTS of HIGH CTR TRAFFIC from premium country (US, Canada & UK) coming from this keyword... :eek:

If you want to see the REAL RESULT just go to Google.com mate
    See it by yourself how I dominate many local Google secrch engine on Google.co.uk & Google.ca...

Maybe I`m a newbie in this forum,
    but what I`m telling you is this:
    "It doesn`t matter what keyword you want to optimize on Google.com or Google.co.uk or Google.ca as long as it generates free premium quality traffic with high CTR (Click Through Ratio) so DO IT mate! :cool:

I have learn many insider secrets that never written in SEO books from real SEO expert in the last 5 years,
    some of them earn millions of dollar and has a partnership with Google & Yahoo...
    I know how they play with Google,
    I know that their secret is totally a personal secret that never told in any SEO ebooks, SEO trainings or SEO forums,
    it`a a secret that they learn from trial and error for years (not in 1 night!),
    it`s an experience from learning by doing...
    Experience is the BEST teacher...

Google is my playground mate,
    but I will never sell ebook about SEO stuff,
    sometimes it`s better to keep a secret still a secret so I could have a living from my SEO Consulting Services...

My website is still on progress to dominate Google.com for keyword
    "free web proxy" since it`s already ranked #49 for this keyword in only 1 month SEO optimization. Yummy!...
    I predict that I need around 1-2 months works more to appear on Google.com for this keyword since it`s a very very high-competitive keyword (over 13 millions competitor!)
    And the best thing is:
    I don`t need to have a high PR webpage to dominate Google.com...:)

BUT,
    Since I need more money to develop my offline business,
    I want to sell LADOVA.com...
    Just PM me your reasonable offering price if anyone interested to buy my webpage or maybe interested to having a Joint Venture to develop LADOVA.com with me ( I love this domain, it`s very easy to remember,
    I just got the idea from my piano class when I played Mozart score: la do fa, lol...)

And last but not least,
    if you need SEO Service for your website with
    100% money back guarantee
    (RISK FREE),
    you know who you might TRUST... :cool:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    seminarpw, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  14. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, and here is my brutal opinion about your post.

Some of what you say is true, there are a lot of scammers who fake screenshots (it would take a lot longer than 3 seconds whether using notepad or photoshop). However in most cases it is obvious they have done so and anyone who is thinking of purchasing should really be doing their due diligence and asking for proper access to verify the earnings.

Of course the proxy business is saturated, anything that makes money online becomes saturated very quickly. Thats just the nature of the world we live in. You have to learn to adapt and survive, which is why many go on to write ebooks about their experiences.

Again, another area where there are scammers, but you can't tar everyone with the same brush just because the major companies don't write ebooks.

As for advising people not to submit to Tech FAQ, thats just plain silly. The service converts traffic, it doesn't matter if script kiddies are also trying to make money by submitting their proxies there. So long as it converts traffic then proxy owners should submit their proxies. Tech FAQ is one of my competitors as a proxy list owner and even I use the service to promote my proxies so that must tell you something about how good the site is!

So, you have used two negatives to try and push the SEO service that you are offering, and well lets face it, it is not really that impressive.

Ranking number one for a keyphrase that nobody searches for "free web procsy" and number six for the keyphrase "free web proxy" on the Indonisian version of Google is hardly ground breaking stuff. Both keyphrases have three words which makes it that little bit easier.

Indonesian traffic is not exactly the most sought after traffic in the world, people want US, UK, CA type of traffic to generate revenue.

You are right in that proxy owners should be optimizing their sites for SEO and carrying out link building, although not by buying a link on such an obvious link selling site (stayinamsterdam.net) because ultimately that site will get penalized and your rankings will eventually drop. You also got a bit lucky because your link appeared on glype.com (Cached Version) for a short while in their right hand column where they list a few proxies, so you got a bit of PR flow from that sitewide link.

Also not by targeting made up keyphrases that nobody searches for on search engines where the target traffic has poor conversion rates. I mean your ranking of eight in Google.com for "free web proxy" is more impressive than the two from the Indonesian search.

Why didn't you mention that in your promotional post? Because showing a number one ranking looks just that little bit better doesn't it! And at the end of the day isn't that what all those ebook sellers are doing, bluffing and being deceitful about their true results.

Also in future please post your own thread in the appropriate sales forum.

Sorry, but if you like to give "brutal" opinions then you need to be prepared to receive them too.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    SilkySmooth, Sep 11, 2009 IP
    proxywhereabouts likes this.
  15. Oxuro

Oxuro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys i was wondering , has any1 of you experience any problems with the "Free Proxy List Script"?
    I installed it on localhost and on one of my domains but (at least for me) seems to be a problem.

Every time that i click on a link (e.g Submit Proxy) i get "404 - Not Found" XD
    Dunno why but it seems not to load the templates and the files for the links.

Is it only me or does any1 else has the same problem? :/
    Any suggestions?

Oxuro, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  16. seminarpw

seminarpw Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks you very much for your great feedback...
    I learn many things from it! :)
    Just like Jerry McGuire quote: "You complete me!" :)

I`m sorry if I have a wrong opinion about Tech Faq,
    I guess you`re right...
    I'm sure someday you could also beat Tech Faq!:)
    Btw, what`s your toplist url?

And for all member in this forum,
    don`t hesitate to correct me if I`m wrong (CMIIW) or share your different strategy...
    I`m just an imperfect human...
    And learning should be a never ending process for all of us...

Just like I said before,
    I`m still a newbie in this forum...
    I consider that LOTS of amazing people is more savvy & more experienced than me in this forum...

17. Stephe

Stephe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stephe, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  18. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    I haven`t tried it, didn't know there was a free one. Send me a link to the download and I will take a look at it for you and see if I can figure out why your getting the problem. Also PM me with the URL of the one you put on the domain as that may let me solve it faster by looking at the source.

Awww don't, you'l make me blush and my wife will start to get jealous :p

Either way I am glad you learn't something from my post.

Thats just my opinion on Tech FAQ, others may have differing opinions.

As for beating them, well you never know, lets hope eh ;)

The link for my proxy list is in my signature.

19. seminarpw

seminarpw Peon

Best Answers:

I hope we could help each other here...
    Btw, since xrvel (the coder of this great proxy list script is coming from Indonesia too! Prouf of u xrvel!) seems having a problem with his server,
    I upload his script to my blog for temporary...

Here`s the link...
    I hope we could help xrvel to fix the bug... :)

Alexa Traffic Rank for AZproxies.com
    Yesterday 53,926
    7 day avg 58,127
    1 month avg 75,048
    3 month avg 106,998
    3 month change -17,334

WOW! I`m speechless
    I just realize that you`re the owner of a very very bright future proxy list!:)

Come on SilkySmooth,
    share also to us your knowledge & experience how you generate massive traffic like that mate...
    Do you also use SEO or what?
    Do u build ur own script?

I like AZProxies script coz it`s a very simple proxy list script!
    AZProxies has a very simple submission form, only 2 text box to fill in, lol!

Btw, I see that many proxy owners have already talk to Will about Tech Faq submission form...
    Why do they need to login first before submit to Tech Faq or AtProxy?
    It`s a very boring works I think: the proxy owner need to login first and then click here and there again before they can submit 1 link!
    And then multiply it with 10+ Will`s Toplist Network... :)
    They`re way too complicated, please make it simple, Will, or maybe AZProxies would be the next Tech Faq?
    Time will tell... :)

20. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    The traffic increase is largely due to the fact that the kids have just gone back to school, most proxy lists will be getting a jump in traffic at the moment.

Yes I use SEO, but there are no secrets to share. Just hard work building the best resource that I can for proxy users and webmasters alike.

Yes I built the web site myself, I'm a PHP programmer.

You can't really carry out a direct comparison between Tech FAQ and A-Z Proxies as they focus on a different kind of supply and demand. Tech FAQ has always been about supplying brand new proxies to the users which is why a user can only submit a URL once. I beleive the reason Will implemented the login requirement and the submission fee was to reduce the junk that was being submitted.

A-Z focuses on a different target, our aim is to compile a running list of every active web proxy and categorize those proxies into various lists which make it possible for users to target a specific type of proxy. For example if someone had to use a proxy which was hosted in the UK and was using Glype, then they would go to the UK proxy list to find one.

Whether one site overtakes the other or vice versa isn't really all that important to me. Both myself and Will work very hard on our web sites.