1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Humble with Stumble

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Whisper9999, Sep 12, 2009.

Here's a basic question about using StumbleUpon to increase traffic to your site:

Why do you need friends? If you submit a good article from your site and it gets a fair amount of thumbs up, isn't that when your article will get "ranked" on stumbleupon and you'll get an increase in traffic?

How do friends come into play so prominently?

Thx for any insight...

Whisper9999, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  2. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :\ It's how the system was set up and works.

It's a big "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" ploy as StumbleUpon is sort of all over the place for most users (though fantastic when set up properly).

As with most, if not all social networks, your page gets higher prominence if it has more connections/"back links"/is a networking hub on its own.

The more central to the social spiderweb you are with more threads spawning off you than the corners, the more views and higher rank you'll get.

Traditione, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  3. Whisper9999

Whisper9999 Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the part I'm missing though: how do your stumbleupon friends give you the equivalent of 'backlinks'? What action(s) would they perform or what keys would they hit?

Whisper9999, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  4. abilify82

abilify82 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess the internal algorithm places greater value on your submissions if you have more friends. More friends - more traffic directed to your sites automatically.

abilify82, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  5. facebookapp

facebookapp Peon

Best Answers:
    If your friends list is huge so there is a button where people check out received pages by their friends so when they check out it will give you traffic.

facebookapp, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  6. poojarai27

poojarai27 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a share option in Stumble upon, If you have long list of friends, you might share able to your sites to all friends and get more traffic as well if they are review your site then you get the one way link also.

poojarai27, Sep 13, 2009 IP