1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic From DIGG.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by rv12may, Sep 7, 2009.

1. BeeArcade

BeeArcade Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah because they dont need to care about it, we need digg but digg dont need us lol,
    but who knows if thing would happen in that way one day noone will care about digg, but that would not heppen atleast not in near future.

BeeArcade, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  2. allyson

allyson Peon

Best Answers:
    digg is one of the most popular bookmarking sites... and i also use digg to bookmark my sites

allyson, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  3. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you will get a good backlink as well as you will get traffic from Digg if your submission has some thumbs up !
    I always use Digg only. :)

- Digital -

Digital_shubhi, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  4. rvsdi

rvsdi Peon

Best Answers:
    actually digg nofollow, but for traffic is OK but not for PPC because digg member known about ads, etc. :D

rvsdi, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  5. tweez23

tweez23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've have experience with getting on the front page of Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit and Delicious.

The traffic from Digg is not actually the major benefit of appearing on the front page. While many of the users do not stick around on the site for very long, you can pick up some very good backlinks from a number of quality sites.

The referral traffic from those quality sites (and the subsquebt boost those links provide you in the search engine rankings) are more valuable than the initial spike in traffic.

To give you some idea of the traffic, I had an article that reached the front page and according to Google Analytics was visited by around 40k people. I had a report on the site that covered in more detail the topic of the article. In theory if they liked the article they should also have liked the report. There were zero sales from 40k visitors, however, the report was then picked up by a large tech blog because of the appearance on Digg. From that link (and the others that followed) the report was purchased by some large organisations.

In my experience I've found that Digg, Reddit and Delicious users are likely to link to you if you get to the front page, whereas with Stumbleupon I've had articles have 100k pageviews in 24 hours and hardly received any links at all.

StumbleUpon and Digg traffic won't make you money. It's far better to have 1 visitor who buys something than 50k+ who stay on your site for a minute before moving on to look at something else. The traffic is quite good if you want to increase your feed subscribers, just don't expect to make money off them.

tweez23, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  6. Vebtools

Vebtools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digg is best place to get a free traffic. you can get upto 1000 unique visitors

Vebtools, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  7. kidding

kidding Peon

Best Answers:
    The traffic from Digg has became less than it was before . Now Twitter brings more traffic than Digg in my experience . They brought Digg bar and now changed to nofollow status .So I guess there's no more use in using Digg for link building . But if you have few hundred active Digg friends and if you can make it to the front page it good as getting few good backlinks naturally . Also the traffic from Digg is not well converting on Adsense or sales .

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
    kidding, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  8. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Peon

Best Answers:
    Some on my websites gets a fairly good amound of traffic from digg, some even ranking first for a search term. Its all about customising your keywords so people can find them on DIGG and "DIGG" it. The more diggs it has the more traffic you will get.

Brandon_R, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  9. dirtdog1960theone

dirtdog1960theone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good post.

Paid links at digg pass your link juice.

I reported digg to fat boy Matt Cutts, googles' hitman against non rich webmasters.

See you must be rich and able to buy links to succeed on google.

Let us see if do know evil google will remove digg from google for selling links.

dirtdog1960theone, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  10. facebookapp

facebookapp Peon

Best Answers:
    Just submit your site in relevant category and add relevant friends.

facebookapp, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  11. rv12may

rv12may Peon

Best Answers:
    Bookmark useful article topics over there. i believe people will like your content and dugg that you will definitely get hug amount of traffic over there.

rv12may, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  12. Monyak

Monyak Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Does anybody know of a professional "digger" that can get my site to page 1?

Monyak, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  13. pardeepchauhan

pardeepchauhan Peon

Best Answers:
    i think.... rather than friends you must have genuine friends who is looking for that particular theme news, services or product. then you can get best results...

pardeepchauhan, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  14. Ashley1

Ashley1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think digg brings a good amount of traffic and also with more of unique visitors . Digg is a great tool for generating traffic .

Ashley1, Sep 20, 2009 IP
  15. rv12may

rv12may Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you can do it by yourself make lots of friends there and “dugg” your stories or you can contact to some SEO company. Might be they can help you about it.

rv12may, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  16. spider12

spider12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! Good thread...lot of useful points to note...thanks all

spider12, Sep 22, 2009 IP