1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is LinkedIn Good?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by bukky, Oct 5, 2009.

Has anyone used LinkedIn as a form of internet marketing tool? How good is it and any tips about maximising this tool? Thanks:)

bukky, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  2. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I highly recommend LinkedIn. I joined their sub-site called http://www.toplinked.com/ and TopLinked is unlike ANY business social networking program. Members who join here will seek you out if you have a similar business and unlike FaceBook and the rest of that junk, this is for BUSINESS people seeking likewise BUSINESS minded people. People from all aspects of the business world are on LinkedIn and if you joined TopLinked (the $50 fee is best $50 I ever spent)...they put you on a specal "invite me" list, whereby people across the globe who see you there will instantly send you an invite to hook up and get on their list and you have the opportunity of sending each one an introductory mail before you click "accept"....in your intro letter, you can include all your links, info etc. and what I did was right click/copy a pre-written letter and then once all the invites began rolling into my in-box I could open each invitation, Ctrl+V paste my into letter into their built in email composer on TopLinked's site and send out alot of promotional introductory letters which resulted in several jobs. I'm a freelancer so it works great. MySpace and the others are basically BS if you ask me.

dinrock, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  3. bukky

bukky Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the info. I never knew about toplinked! So all these resources are only unique to toplinked and you cannot achieve the same with just registering with LinkedIn?:) I wiil certainly look into it.

bukky, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  4. trajik

trajik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to find a contacts in clothes domaine it's very good

trajik, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  5. dinrock

Best Answers:
    Bukky: LinkedIn is free to join. Set up your profile and contact information. Look around, do a few typical searches for "people" or things relating to the business you're in or whatever your interests are. Upload a photo, contact a few people and ask them to join you etc. I could join you or you can contact me there if you want . . . it would be a start. Then, TopLinked is actually a sub domain but there are actually 63,000 other members there who are all on LinkeIn who are ready to invite you to be their "associate"....you can scan or open up other "associates" profiles and see who they are "LinkedIn" with and it's a form of viral marketing whereby you can narrow your search for people interested in the same business as you are....whether it's in web design, graphic design, construction, marketing, animation and hundreds and hundreds of other professional disciplines.
    As mentioned, LinkedIn is free, and then TopLinked costs about $50 to sign up for and get on an open "invite me" list where you instantly start getting bombarded with requests....but it is a great forum and social network and has roughly 45 million members around the planet. Don't forget though, not all 45MIL are on TopLinked but you might be getting the basic idea . . .

dinrock, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  6. dinrock

Best Answers:
    So tru tcnmart...in fact, I would post a link to my LinkedIn page, but am not sure I might violate TOS here...they have penalized me so many times, I am almost losing my access so feel better to just mention that LinkedIn is the best

dinrock, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  7. Crouching Duck

Crouching Duck Peon

Best Answers:
    LinkedIn is for professionels, doesn't matter what. Facebook is for the rest of the world :D

Crouching Duck, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  8. newyorkshopping

newyorkshopping Peon

Best Answers:
    LinkedIn does not generate sales nor help for traffic (this is my experience). So why to use it ?
    I don't know I think it's for career management or to maintain, to make your business network grow.

newyorkshopping, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  9. dinrock

Best Answers:
    Sorry it isn't working for you NYShopping...BUT, you need to invest:

#1. Time

#2. Money

On any venture. I joined LinkedIn and never saw it as nothing more than your usual "social networking" site....until I began spending time seeking out publishers, marketers, advertisers, writers etc....alot are on there-----then, I noticed TopLinked and the potential power it possibly offered if I spent the Big Whopping High Price of $50 to become a member. Right off I started getting "invites" to join various peoples list and as I did, I replied to each one with a pre-written "promotional" email with what I did and offered....BOOM, I was getting assignement and then "recommendations" from those people I created work for, who then were able to post and present it for others to see on my LinkedIn profile.
    So yes, I could have simply signed up and said "wow" whoppee....where's all the love and excitement? You have to actually take things to the next level and make it work in your favor and to your advantage. Which brings me to ask....what is your discipline? I am a cartoonist.

dinrock, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  10. dinrock

Best Answers:
    Not to mention also LinkedIn allows you to place 3 links on your LinkedIn profile. In doing so, don't forget this also offers your web site that extra-added visibility PLUS affords you a decent "backlink" and some extra link juice to any URLs you list in your profile there. I think LinkedIn has a page rank of #6.

dinrock, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  11. shelly4

shelly4 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the info everyone. I was thinking of doing this and now I know I will.

shelly4, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  12. rypher21

rypher21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    most of the site users were professionals
    its a good site...:)

rypher21, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  13. Ashley1

Ashley1 Peon

Best Answers:
    LinkedIn is good for professionals , Facebook is good for social networking and eZdia is for all i.e. professional , social , freelancing .

Ashley1, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  14. bukky

bukky Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the infor dinrock. Its become clearer now. I actually joined LinkedIn a while ago but never really used it but I will certainly do that now. Is it a good medium for affiliate marketing? I will make sure I invite you to join me there!

bukky, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  15. dinrock

Best Answers:
    Bukky: look for my PM with detailed information....let's hook it up on LINKEDIN!

dinrock, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  16. mahendras

mahendras Peon

Best Answers:
    LinkedIn is business-leaning site. And its use for professional networking.

mahendras, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  17. Webgirl248

Webgirl248 Peon

Best Answers:
    going to try out TopLinked @dinrock sounds good, ive been on Linkedin for years and love it... you really do have to give it time and effort tho.

Webgirl248, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  18. dinrock

Best Answers:
    Hi WebGirl:
    If you're on LinkedIn, here's my profile and if you want to "connect", then I will add you as a connection.

dinrock, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  19. jahbs

jahbs Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried toplinked.com last night. So far, between yesterday and today, I've added about 200 connections. It didn't take long. One thing I did notice, the connections you download (email addresses) are supposed to be in a comma delimited file. I viewed it in notepad and excel, still no commas. Why commas? Linked in requests all bulk invitation email addresses to be separated by commas. I thought there has to be an easier way. I pulled it into Excel with all email addresses in Column A. In column cell B1, put in the code =A1 & "," then hit enter. This will pull the email address from cell A1 and add a comma. Click the cell and drag it to the end of the email list to handle all of the email addresses. This should give you a nice comma delimited list.

jahbs, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  20. venatoria

venatoria Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Each social network/platform has its own strenghts.
    What is great about LinkedIn is the followings:
    "It connects professionnals":
    When people go into LinkedIn, they are in a business mood. The same people maybe on FaceBook also but once they get there, they don't expect to make business but friends and fun.
    So when you interact with people in LinkedIn, you have them ready-to-go for business.

And from a SEO perspective, LinkedIn has a high PR... So links from your profile or your connections to your sites really make sens to Google.

But, in order to take profit from it, you really need to invest a lot of time on it... The more I get into it, the more I realize it's not enough!

venatoria, Oct 7, 2009 IP