1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bookmarking duplicate articles...

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Michelle., Oct 10, 2009.

Hey guys,

I have a question for you experts! :D

When my articles go live I want to start bookmarking them. I've read that onlywire is good to automate this. But I plan on posting my original articles to other directoies ( they'll be duplicates) I also want to bookmark these duplicate articles. But I don't want to be banned. I was wondering how I can go about doing this, and what you do to get around this. thanks

Michelle., Oct 10, 2009 IP
  2. budhi1976

budhi1976 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you'll get banned for bookmarking duplicate articles, however you are surely doing pointless effort as duplicate articles will not be listed in SERP (I heard google has this technology).

So the best way to do it is by re-writing the articles into many different version before you submit them to directories. Ideally one re-written/spinned article to one directory.

Cheers,

budhi1976, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  3. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    The purpose is to get more link juice back to the main article, so I'll bookmark the duplicate article and in the duplicate article will be a link to the main article. (sort of like a mini link wheel)

I read that a link from a page filled with duplicate content carries less SEO value (but it still has some) I also read another person say they change the title plus descriptions to counter this problem and that works.... but I just wanted to hear from other people as I am looking to automate this and doing a unique description and title for every article would be quite time consuming.

thanks for replying.

4. avitricksgroup

avitricksgroup Peon

Best Answers:
    You do not need to write your original content on other directories. Just make different title for different directories and be smart to describe your article differently on different directories(just a summary) and put a backlink of the original content on every article. This works but very time consuming why don't you say your readers to share your articles. Put a sharethis button. Writing quality and fresh content will automatically make your readers to share your articles with others.

avitricksgroup, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  5. yomimedia716

yomimedia716 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is very weird in how they do their alogorithms. I have had duplicate content show up on search results and other times it will not be listed. What I usually do is change up the titles with the social bookmark sites I submit to and spin the description a little. This helps a lot. It also doesn't hurt to have your article spun a few times and submit a different version to the directories. You will not get any link juice because most of these sites are no-follow. It will help your organic search and traffic generation. Hope this helps.

yomimedia716, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  6. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you yomimedia716 and avitricksgroup. :D I imagine it will be time consuming but anything that's easy to get isn't worth having I guess so I'll just have to set some time aside for this.

About the 'nofollow' yeah quite a few are no-follow like articlebase. I think it's still worth posting to for a bit of extra traffic though.