1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TV/Movie Site Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by !Unreal, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there is still a massive grey area about these types of sites, in 1 way there majorly illigal and in another way people are using these types of streaming sites to generate adsense and affiliate clicks :O Shocking. i dont dare risk starting sites like this due to what happend with the pirate bay and demonoid and stuff and also mininova, jail centances and huge fines etc..

Jasonb, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  2. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    To each his own :) The risks are there but if you play the field right, you'll be fine.

TheVccMatey, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  3. amansingh111

amansingh111 Peon

Best Answers:
    do social bookmarking, directory submitting, youtube
    monetize traffic with adsense & other affiliate networks

amansingh111, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  4. morgano

morgano Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just thought I'd update my SEO progress. Making remarkable position increases with SERP but I'm spending a vast amount of time each day marketing and building links in all different manors. So far we've had 30k unique / 100,000 page views - 39% bounce, 8 min avg on site with 3.4 pages per visit since the 1st of October. This isn't bad for a site that's been online for 45 days.

morgano, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  5. believer1984

believer1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    I mean if your not hosting or uploading then how is it illegal ?

Your just redirecting the visitors there.

Even google does that - lol !

Peace. :)

believer1984, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  6. ddzc

ddzc Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone making good money on movie review sites? I have a really good domain name which i'm doing nothing with...I might just sell it if I can't come up with something to publish. I highly doubt rotten tomatoes can be topped.

ddzc, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  7. web_adik

web_adik Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it will only be very risky if you host the videos yourself. If you are just providing a link to or an embed from third party streaming sites like Megavideo, then I don't think you'll have a problem. :)

web_adik, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  8. cool_dude

cool_dude Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys, Have you tried Ireel affiliate program? They are paying well in the range of $15 per signups.I get normally 4 signups a day.If you're willing to try it contact me I will provide the screenshots.

cool_dude, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  9. Stephe

Stephe Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried iReel and wasn't very impressed at all. The conversion rates on those $15 offers are extremely low, and it ended up averaging ~$0.15-0.25 CPM (aka 1-1.66 people signed up per 10,000 ad views). I'm averaging ~$0.35-0.45 with my other CPM networks, so obviously I dropped iReel.

Stephe, Oct 24, 2009 IP
  10. brand0n

brand0n Peon

Best Answers:
    If anyone wants to do a link exchange contact me. I would prefer pr3+ links.

brand0n, Oct 25, 2009 IP
  11. Mr Baker

Mr Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    What are your guys feelings on the different movie and tv download sites: Ireel vs ZML vs The Movie Downloads (Yourclick)? Which is the best product to promote for tv and movie sites? Anyone done this over a large sample?

Also, I have a list of tv link sites if anyone needs one PM me.

Mr Baker, Oct 25, 2009 IP
  12. believer1984

believer1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    Im still experimenting with graboid.

Im sure all are good but its all about conversion. :eek:

believer1984, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  13. music legend

music legend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cpalead is the best for this niche

music legend, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  14. web_adik

web_adik Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Graboid is a good option as it offers viewers a free sign up so that they can try the product. The only problem is that their landing page isn't that great, so you'll have to do a little more work from your site to get a higher conversion. :)

web_adik, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  15. cool_dude

cool_dude Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah Graboid is working well for me too but their commissions are very low as compared to Ireel.Ireel pays $15 as commission per lead whereas graboid pays only $0.7.

If you promote well Ireel can do wonders.

cool_dude, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  16. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    i am having a tv shows site with good traffic from google,, i don't know how to monetize,,,,

i don't like to use cpalead or zango, because it kill my visitors,,,,,

now i am currently using ADSDAQ ( CPM ), adbrite, clickbank,,,

can anyone suggest me any good method to make good money

gr8webseller, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  17. believer1984

believer1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeh i second that.

Graboids landing page is horrible , but on your site you need to lay it out neatly so it converts well.

I dont think lol even the banner alone works. Something like watch in high def / high quality with a link or a video showing would be a good way to go.

believer1984, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  18. SunHunter

SunHunter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Few questions:

Edit: Okay, more than a few...:D

1. What hosting specs would I need to safely host a site that: has 60-100k visitors/month, has (embedded) over a thousand movies, hundreds of recent tv show eps, and video streams (example: 24/7 movies playing on JTV, embedded on your site, possibly streams by genre, and a stream for 2009 movies) ...when you embed movies, does it take up nearly as much bandwidth?

2. I will be using CPALead but I do not currently have an account there. How difficult is it to set up CPA specifically on the view movie pages, and not other pages, as I plan on having a lot of other content as well.

3. Embedding via Megavideo is a safe option, correct? If you get someone to watch the movie on your site, they play it (embedded version), will you get the reward points for the view still, or do they actually have to go to the Megavideo link?

4. Organic traffic is obviously important. Going for general keywords seems to be out of the equation ("watch free movies", "watch movies online") so the idea is to go for longtail keywords for specific movies/tv shows...such as: "watch Dexter online for free" ...my question here is what would be the best way to rank higher for those keywords? You obviously can't stuff the relevant pages on your site with the keywords, so are there any off-site methods to help you rank higher?

5. If you get accepted to OVGuide and then add CPA to your site, how long do you think it would last before it's removed from their list?

6. How many CPALead surveys are completely free (no phone/cc required)? Do these pay less than the other ones?

7. Is there a content management system that could be used to make adding movies much easier?

8. If I were to get the website created from scratch it would probably cost too much. I'm hoping to get the site "pre-made", but not an over-used design (like the one with the small black bar on top with genre links). Does anyone know where I could find a pre-made movie site/script?

9. If I were to upload the movies/tv shows to Megavideo, collect reward points, could I redeem them for cash? How likely would it be that my account would be closed, videos would be removed, and/or I wouldn't get paid?

10. I have two innovative concepts that I am in the process of researching further. Both have yet to be done for movie sites and could easily convert the general Internet user (who doesn't already go on movie sites) into a targetted visitor. One of these simply involves the proper promotion, but the other is much more technical and would need a programmer. Does anyone have any idea how much I should expect to pay in order to get an automated script/bot programmed? Sorry that it's not more detailed...

11. I have spent the last year as a writer (web content). I am just making the jump to websites but have been planning out two projects for a few months now, and this is one of them. As a writer, I am capable of throwing loads of unique content (with proper keyword density) onto my website, and various other sites. Are there any good methods of bringing more traffic with my article writing abilities? Article directories seem to be out of the question, but it wouldn't be too dificult to rank high for articles with keywords such as "watch 'show name' online for free" would it?

12. If the movies are on Megavideo, embedded on mysite, is watermarking them necessary at all?

I have loads more questions but I guess that's enough for now, just trying to cover everything so I don't set myself up for mistakes.

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    SunHunter, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  19. Stephe

Stephe Active Member

Best Answers:
    1) I have a website with similar traffic and ProfitHost has been getting the job done for over a year.
    2) It is quite easy to set up CPALead on only specific webpages.
    3) Not quite sure on what you are asking, but for a user to be able to watch a video they must need to complete an offer (which means you will get paid).
    4) A bit of research with Google keyword tool can solve this one for you. There are a few odd ball factors here depending on your exact niche though.
    5) Not quite sure on this one as that really depends if some users or a competitor reports you - basically luck of the draw.
    6) There are over a hundred "completely free" surveys for your users. Yes, these offers do pay less, but the revenue you generate per user is still approximately the same (You may need to experiment a little bit to see what works best).
    7) There are many CMS's that can make adding movies to your website much easier.
    8) I've used SimpleWatchScript on a few of my websites. There are also quite a few wordpress blog templates that could fit your needs - it really depends on how much customization you want.
    10) That really depends on the complexity of the script you want developed and the depth of knowledge of the programmer.
    11) It's a lot easier than you think to rank for a term like "watch 'show name' online for free" as long as you have some seo knowledge and resources.
    12) Watermarking them really isn't needed if you are the uploader. It is not going to hurt, but for the time involved it simply is not worth it.

Stephe, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  20. SunHunter

SunHunter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. How much would the proper hosting plan cost roughly? Are there any specifics that are necessary to run this type of site that I should know about?

3. I am not referring to CPA here, but after they complete the survey and can then watch the embedded movie (hosted on Megavideo), will you receive reward points for embedded plays, or just ones that go to the link?

4. Ignoring the actual keywords but are there any off-site techniques to help rank your site higher?

7. Could you give a few examples?

8. SimpleWatchScript forwards to suspended hosting page...

10. Examples: MSN bot, Omegle bot (text bot which auto-responds based on the typed messages of other person, auto adding database of content)

11. For specific keywords, I know it isn't too difficult to rank high for them, but what SEO methods (besides the basics) should I know? This will be all on the same site so should I have separate blog sections for each show/movie I focus on? Also, I was speaking moreso of movies as you are somewhat limited to content focusing mainly on "watch ___ online for free" as your keyword.

Thanks

SunHunter, Oct 30, 2009 IP