1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do "Make Money" blog fails ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MrVen, Oct 27, 2009.

Hi guys,

Do blog's related to "make money online" fails ? The huge volume of blogs related to this topic triggered me to post this question.

Failure's i mean, no traffic, no income, not able to beat competition ! In total, is that waste of time to blog on this topic ???

Thanks.

MrVen, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  2. timeless1983

timeless1983 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, especially if you have no idea how to market such a blog.

timeless1983, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  3. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you actually know how to 'make money online' and know how to build a blog yeah it can do okay.

MarTh-, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  4. kind_of_the_cash

kind_of_the_cash Active Member

Best Answers:
    No if you post important posts never failed :)

kind_of_the_cash, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  5. CodeWorld

CodeWorld Peon

Best Answers:
    They will always fail if you are not making money in real and just faking in blogs. How can one write for others to make money if not making himself or herself.

CodeWorld, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  6. kraftzy

kraftzy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't know if they fail ..but this niche sure looks saturated with too many blogs already

kraftzy, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  7. COMS

COMS Guest

Best Answers:
    The main problem with trying to be successful with a "make money online" blog is twofold:

1) The competition is huge - a lot of that may actually come from newbies trying to enter this market when they shouldn't be there to begin with because...

2) "Make Money Online" is way too broad. There are a multitude of ways to make money online, but if you don't drill deeper into the niche, you're screwed. Your bound for failure.

Dig deeper and find a more specific niche and you will experience greater success. This is valid for any niche you try to enter.

Best,

Michael

COMS, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  8. figgity

figgity Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's the fact that the niche is saturated. I think it's that "make money online" doesn't mean much in the eyes of the consumer anymore. People intuitively know there's no such thing as a free lunch, so they unconsciously reject claims of that nature. In the same way, the word "free" doesn't have the same weight that it once had. That's why advertisers have to add additional qualifiers such as "absolutely," so that people thin there's no catch.

figgity, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  9. Benjamincip

Benjamincip Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm blogging about "making money online" and it works pretty well for me. There are millions of people online, so I'm sure you can grab people's attention if you get out-of-the-box ideas. Believe me it will works for you as long as you are passionate about what you are doing. But don't teach people how to make money online if you don't even make any penny online and don't have any concrete ideas about how it works. Learn, Learn and Learn before offering your services to people. That's what I did, and it's how you will get credibility.

Benjamincip, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  10. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of these make money blogs fail to make money and its very competitive simply because alot of people wants to make money on the net, little did they know theyre prolly just as clueless as the blogs theyre read.

tonyran, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  11. kdenisk

kdenisk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any blog, which provides no new information will fail. Do you know brand-new schemes of making money? I'd suppose you would use them to actually make money, if you know. Don't waste your efforts making N+1'th useless blog.

kdenisk, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  12. Steve Powers

Steve Powers Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of them are only boring ads or trick.How many persons know how to make money or catch big fish?Only a few.But they may not be willing to share.

Steve Powers, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  13. countolaf

countolaf Active Member

Best Answers:
    90% are doomed to failure.

I mean most people who start a make money online blog are newbies. And what they normally do is just plaster their site with ads, do useless reviews with their own affiliate links and not produce great content. And to add since they are newbies, they don't really have an idea on how to market their blogs.

In the end they fail because their own blogs didn't meet their expectations (they thought money is easy). Of course Chow has something to do with this because of the mentality he has imparted with newcomers in blogging.. :) But seriously just think of this, if you're blogging about any topic that you barely have an idea with, then how would you succeed?

I agree that this doesn't just apply to make money online blogs but to all blogs as well

countolaf, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  14. pickagun

pickagun Peon

Best Answers:
    Formula to make an MMO blog successful and generating revenue:

Post long-ass posts (2k+ words)
    One adsense block
    Select keywords that aren't make money online-related, but are related to a relative niche
    Boom.

pickagun, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  15. markk600

markk600 Member

Best Answers:
    If you know how to make money and you know how money can be made on internet, then you wont fail.

markk600, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  16. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you are not making money and started that blog to earn money then its gonna fail.
    But if you already earn a lot and started it to earn as well as help others then it will work. :)

- Digital -

Digital_shubhi, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  17. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not exactly.
    Its all depend on how you promote it and the most important is the content of your blog.
    If you have working method to make money and write it in your blog then i'm sure you'll earn big.

mentos, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  18. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With a lot of hard work, there's a probability that you will end up with decent traffic since there's quite stiff competition out there for this niche. In terms of money making depends on which way you will choose and also network involved.

lycos, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  19. donkeymailer

donkeymailer Peon

Best Answers:
    Great content is important.

donkeymailer, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  20. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ask yourself, when did you last click any ad or buy ebook from a "make money online" blog? Don't waste your time and do something else.

tankard, Oct 28, 2009 IP