1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need to get my members to invite their friends.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by MyHub, Oct 9, 2009.

I started a group September 1. (Not mafia wars). It's over 6,000 now, but now I need to get new members to invite their friends. I need a juicy offer! What can I give them?

I am already giving away $497 worth of e-Books to each member who invites their friends to the group. Some people are biting, but not enough. What can I do to make the offer more juicy?

MyHub, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  2. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ebooks dont attract people . Cash or maybe rapidshare accounts attract users more

Bohra, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  3. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So I could PayPal them $1 for every 1000 invited?

MyHub, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  4. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Keep a contest...

Highest Referer gets 100 or 50 or smtn like dat

Bohra, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  5. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That sounds like a good idea. I would do it. I just need to know the way to get them to show proof their friends joined, or maybe a way I can know how many of their friends joined.

MyHub, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  6. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking about it, and there seems to be no easy way I can know how many of their friends joined. How about I do this...

Everyone who posts invitation proof gets their name put in a raffle to win $100.00. I will PayPal the winner. Do you think people would participate? (Would you participate in this contest?) I would also need to set a deadline. Not too long, and not too short. Too long, and people will not be interested. But if it's too short, it won't penetrate Facebook enough. How long should the contest run? 30 days perhaps? or maybe 60 days?

MyHub, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  7. Stelian

Stelian Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You can use this script to invite the users count the visitors. In admin area, see who invited/how many invited and how many visited the website. In this way you can pay them.
    This is the script : http://super-tell-a-friend.com/

Stelian, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  8. YugoSlavac

YugoSlavac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it's a game, reward the top referrer with a certain amount of points or something like that. eBooks won't really grab somebody's attention and make them want to invite their friends.

Yugo,
    :D

YugoSlavac, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  9. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Good idea, but how do I know which people invited their friends? That is the hard part I can't figure out.

MyHub, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  10. MyHub

MyHub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip, but I need to know which people invited their friends so I can have proof.

Also, I have used that with poor results. That takes too many steps to invite friends. It's too many steps, so they will not follow directions. Plus it does not let them invite MySpace, Facebook and Twitter friends. Only Email friends.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
    MyHub, Oct 31, 2009 IP