1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can WordPress do this for membership site?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by GreatWebSuccess, Nov 1, 2009.

I had a question regarding creating a membership website with WP with these 2 plugins: WP-Member & WishList

The type of website that this would be utilized for is to provide some type of learning environment for a particular niche. I'd wand them to be able to access the website on a drip method - an example would be:

Member 1 joins 9/30 and has access to the first video, 10/2 he'll get an email for #2 and so forth. When he logs into the website under his account he would be able to see all past videos, but not future ones.

member 2 joined 10/11 and has access to the first video. On 10/13 he'll get an email for video #2, and so forth. When he logs into the website under his account he would be able to see all past videos, but not future ones.

As you can see the site's been u for member 1 for a month now, however member 2 cannot view those types of videos, only the ones that have been dripped to him.

Can any of these 2 plugins do that, or any other alternative for a drip method?

GreatWebSuccess, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    You can do that with a combination of the membership plug ins, and an email marketing account.
    With an email marketing account you can stagger emails the way you described so that members get emails in order from the time that they join.

You would have to host the videos on different links, obviously, and put the proper links into the emails in the order that you want them accessed, and also host the videos on a password protected area of the site so that only members can access them.

hmansfield, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  3. GreatWebSuccess

GreatWebSuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I already have an email marketing self-hosted option on my servers so that's not a problem. I also know that Id have to email them letting them know of a new video when it comes out...

My thing is, and not sure if you touched on it from what I read... I just want them to simply login to their member account to access the new video (along with the previous ones based on when they joined). I'd hate to create new pages or links for diff videos, I'd like everything all together.

GreatWebSuccess, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, there is a way yo do it, I'll have to think on it for a minute and get back to you...right now I'm drawing a blank.

hmansfield, Nov 2, 2009 IP