1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Damn Karin - The blog spammer

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by abuzant, Aug 18, 2006.

Hello,

Does this line sound familiar?
    I am Karin, very interesting article that contained the information I was searching for in Google, thanks….

That line is posted as a comment on each and every wordpress blog i run online with some minuter interval, and from different IP addresses.

He/She uses free subdomain/url providers to geretae lots of entry pages to this blog http://www.zovijka.info/hair3/ which is nothing but a spam blog as you can see targeting a high paying adsense word.

Shall i just report to google?

There is also a John Sr. that does the same spamming with comments leading to his forex related blog.

I have anti-spam tools, but when you get 100 spam's daily, that also hurts. Thats 100 insertions and 100 deletions from the database anyway..

Any comments, suggestions are very appreciated.
    Ruslan

abuzant, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  2. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Is your blog a wordpress one?

amitpatel_3001, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  3. abuzant

abuzant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is a wordpress one ;)
    Hi there btw, how are you? have been a time since we talked ;)

abuzant, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  4. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    This person is a right pain in the ass and I am getting way too many coming comments from that person and on three different blogs.

2 weeks ago I created a new blog and within 24 hours I was getting these spam comments.

Report away as I'll be doing the same.

Interesting to see the person is using protectfly.com on the whois, another site I seen was registered in Holland.

Maybe protectfly.com should get an email as well ;)

cormac, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  5. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    cool then i think you need the Remove the Wordpress blog Spam with Spam Karma 2
    It rocks and removes all the spam instantly :cool:

BTW seems this guy is famous lol :D

amitpatel_3001, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  6. abuzant

Best Answers:
    As i mentioned, i have that already, along with the Askimaet and some others ;) but i am still confused to have such a person around. That is still server load, adding and removing those comments. Why should i care when i can just report them.. or do it even the evil way.. turn on some proxes, and go click-fraud their adsense till the morning. They will get banned for good. :mad: :D

abuzant, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  7. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is another - qoidua.info/cholesterol/dash-diet/ whois comes up as the host - cogentco.com

*edit*

I just double check that domain name and its also protect with protectfly.com - I have no idea where cogentco.com came from.

cormac, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  8. abuzant

Best Answers:
    When you start thinking of all those kiddies out there stealing, spamming etc.. it just stinks. Why cant people use their a$$es to sit and think how to make something useful.. i know this is not a big issue but i really am in the mood of beating one up till he forgets the nilk he drank one day :mad: :mad: :D

Ok, back to topic..
    Maybe we can have some members here form kind of a collective abuse report and send google on behalf of the community? Good||bad idea?

abuzant, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  9. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Your not the only one thats in a mood over this and lets just say I would love to give this gobshite a right smack.

abuzant I am sure if enough noise is made regarding this Google will shut off their Adsense account, the same with the register and host (if found) but if those blogs are making money then thats another things.

cormac, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  10. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    I had that person on my blogs as well...and thing i dont understand...one of my blogs is quite new..i havent done ANYthing on it..and yet got the spam..i wish se's would find me so easily as spammers do heh

AnaB, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  11. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting to see so many blogs hosted under theses two accounts:

zovijka.info
    qoidua.info

cormac, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  12. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup I've had the "pleasure" of meeting karin. Real pain in the butt.

Skinny

Skinny, Aug 18, 2006 IP
  13. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But are you in the SE's at all? There's probably something distinctive about Wordpress that's being targetted: file names, distinctive text, default links out, and so on. What can you customise? Changing the location of the comment submission file might help, if that's possible.

Obelia, Aug 18, 2006 IP