1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Web Portal software?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by MrVon, Nov 10, 2009.

Hi guy ordered to make site, about books, but he don't know what to put there yet. He asks to be able to login to the site and then add and manage articles himself, and also probably store functionality. By the way he speak about it i get idea that he is newbie in Internet.

Can you suggest free web portal software that i can use as base for web site the only requirements is Free and Simple Enough to administer by newbie.

MrVon, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  2. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can simply use Joomla as the CMS - its good and looks very professional - otherwise you can also use wordpress with some plugins of your need.

Hope this helps...

infogle, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  3. MrVon

MrVon Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing is that client don't care if site look professional.
    Joomla is complicated application right now i don't have time to figure it out, WordPress on other hand is not exactly what i looking for since its blogging software, unless you can suggest some plugins that transform it into portal like site?

MrVon, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  4. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do describe the kind of site you want - because everything could be done with wordpress

infogle, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  5. MrVon

MrVon Peon

Best Answers:
    Just simple site with articles that can be managed by customer later on and new articles added. Only thing that is needed - easy Admin Control Panel for customer.

MrVon, Nov 10, 2009 IP