1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How should I start with online jewelry store?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Sxperm, Aug 20, 2006.

Dear all, I have one domain related to jewelry and I aimed to open Thailand jewelry store because I've a great sources of jewelry, diamonds and many more. quality and certificate guaranteed. :D Should I begin at eBay or opened my own website or combine 2 of them together. Give me some suggestion.

Regards,
    Sxperm

Sxperm, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  2. Sandlizardz

Sandlizardz Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello. I would suggest both. But if you do use ebay to sell your items, remember that there will be fees. Also about starting your own website, if you have webhosting already and have fantastico, there should be a few ecommerce scripts that you can install that are pretty good for selling your jewlery. They are pretty easy to setup and start. The more you spread out, the better you will get noticed.

Sandlizardz, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  3. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your replied. I'm intersting in combine Joomla + virtuemart together. What does it sounds? Or any suggestion for other scrips? :D

Regards,
    Sxperm

Sxperm, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  4. Sandlizardz

Sandlizardz Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you already have a web host?

5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Not another one :)

dcristo, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  6. Sandlizardz

Sandlizardz Guest

Best Answers:
    Wel this depends on what scripts you have in your fantastico. There are many different ecommerce scripts that you can use that would be included in your fantastico. If there aren't many in there that you like, there are always more out there that you can download and manually install via your ftp.

7. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What does it mean?? :D

Sxperm, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  8. kevinn

kevinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I sell jewelry on ebay, unless your items are unique and competitively priced, its hard to make money. Ebay is raising the fees as of august 22nd which is tomorrow. The ebay store listings are going up from 2 cents to a whopping 10 cents. The standard fixed price and auction listings is going up as well. Do some research to see if people are selling what you are selling and for how much, as well as search completed listings to see what similiar items have been sold for. You can do that by using the advanced search function on the top right hand corner of every page. Hope this helps.

kevinn, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  9. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, you remind me some important thing.

Sxperm, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  10. HanSolo42

HanSolo42 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would be curious about the potential market. I would think most people would be pretty hesitant about buying jewelry through ebay or any site for that matter. I agree, unless it is rare, I wouldnt.

HanSolo42, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  11. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I too am hesitant to purchase jewelry online. I purchase a lot of things online but I like to go to the stores and see the stones myself and get them there because every cut no matter how identical would be different. Besides, postal theft is something quite scary for something that high valued.

A lot of people do travel to Thailand for the holidays and for the shopping so I believe that a web site giving description of your store and your merchandise and most importantly a direction to how to get to your place may not be a bad thing. Tourists travelling to Thailand could locate you via your website and buy from your store. Use the website as a publicity tool as it is a powerful media.

eddy2099, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  12. Hexane

Hexane Peon

Best Answers:
    It laregly depends on how you want to position yourself. If you're opening an exclusive chain, selling one-bay may damage your image. Now you can partner with ebay and sell through it, but the users will still browse the goods on your site. I would suggest openning your own site. However, if you're more about quick cash then e-bay is the way to go.

Hexane, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  13. jamesplato

jamesplato Active Member

Best Answers:
    i would build your own brand, and use google base.

jamesplato, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  14. froyoaddict

froyoaddict Member

Best Answers:
    you can do both. post a preview of your products on ebay and link them to your own site. this way you can generate a lot of customers.:)

froyoaddict, May 10, 2010 IP