1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Integrating Joomla with Vbulletin

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ivanf, Nov 14, 2009.

Hey,

Does anyone here know of a plugin for Joomla & Vb Integration :confused:

Help appreciated :)

ivanf, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  2. Arkham

Arkham Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check out JFusion at jfusion-dot-org. (Sorry, I apparently can't post links yet. ;))

When I was investigating Joomla as an integrated vB option I found that it's all you need. Nothing better, from what I read.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Arkham, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    doesn't jfusion use an iframe :(

Brandon Sheley, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  4. Arkham

Arkham Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When I first found JFusion, iFrame was still the way to accomplish some of the integrations, but I believe the newer version(s) of JF give you a better integrated ('frameless integration') option.

From a cursory search on the jfusion forum I see that's the case, but there may be SEO issues involved.

I guess it depends on how closely one wants to integrate the two products. If a shared user registration/login system is the main concern, it should be fine. But as far as integration options go, I don't think there's anything out there better than JF.

Arkham, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  5. devsmi

devsmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree JFusion is amazing, I have used it to integrate phpbb3 with my joomla site and It looked asif the forum was a joomla made component.

devsmi, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  6. Arkham

Arkham Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's great to hear. I really respect what they've done with the product. I know that seamless integration is pretty much just a holy grail, but from what I've seen they appear to have put a lot of effort into the project.

Quite frankly, it was one component of the Joomla platform that spurred me on to investigate the other options. If a certain Joomla-only product or two pans out, I hope to use that as a stand-beside a vB-based site. With only the user logins being the major issue, it could work.

I can't speak, though, as someone who wants to run a fully-featured Joomla site with vB as the user/forum/comments backend. I think that's where the situation gets complicated.

Arkham, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  7. devsmi

devsmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a few really good joomla made forum components..They dont have as many features as VB but they will one day..Kunena and Agora..both amazing and made for Joomla.

devsmi, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  8. ivanf

ivanf Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help :)

ivanf, Dec 13, 2009 IP