1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internet Marketing with FriendFeed?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Ascendancy, Nov 30, 2009.

I have been recently very interested in using FriendFeed to market my blog posts and whatnot, but it seems almost exactly like Twitter just with names changed and not as popular. It has an Alexa rank around 600 so it must be a popular website. I am wondering if anybody uses FriendFeed successfully for internet marketing?

Ascendancy, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  2. sydzapp

sydzapp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    TBH i have heard of it but never bothered to go and check. If its Alexa is indeed 600, i think its surely worth a try. Maybe you could try and share your experience with it here.

sydzapp, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  3. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I may try a case study and post it up on here / my blog and share it with other internet marketers. Sharing information is the key to success :)

Ascendancy, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  4. arnoldsmithh

arnoldsmithh Peon

Best Answers:
    Well my personal experience is facebook is better for internet marketing.

arnoldsmithh, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  5. etonDIGITALME

etonDIGITALME Guest

Best Answers:
    I suggest you integrate Twitter with FriendFeed, this way you hit two birds with one stone :)

What Is FriendFeed

"FriendFeed is an aggregator for your activity on other social networking services, including blogs, YouTube, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg, and Flickr and 40 others. You point FriendFeed to your accounts on those services, and FriendFeed produces a constant stream of all your activity. Other FriendFeed users can subscribe to your stream, and comment on it, and you can do the same on theirs."

etonDIGITALME, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  6. firestone

firestone Peon

Best Answers:
    Well my personal experience is facebook is better for internet marketing.

firestone, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  7. etonDIGITALME

etonDIGITALME Guest

Best Answers:
    Can you please share with us the strategy and steps you use when marketing your business on Facebook?

Thanks!

etonDIGITALME, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  8. LeifNisaan

LeifNisaan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it is pretty easy... You can join the related groups, post your comments on others updates, have a good number of friends.. Just keep in mind that you don't add more than 10 or 20 friends a day or your account may get disabled for violating the terms of use. Post your updates on your wall frequently and that's enough for generating good amount of traffic from facebook. :)

LeifNisaan, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  9. etonDIGITALME

etonDIGITALME Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

Do you use your real Facebook account or is it advisable to create a new one for this purpose? And how much traffic this can generate a day on average if done properly?

Cheers,

Zed

etonDIGITALME, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  10. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    It's advisable to create separate accounts, simply because accounts that you are using may get deleted for whatever reason.

But this thread is about friendfeed and I'd be interested, if friendfeed does create valuable backlinks, if one is using it.

Torsten, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  11. DPConnect

DPConnect Peon

Best Answers:
    FriendFeed is one of the most favorite affiliate program for who using social network like twitter and facebook to make good profits, some people made more than $700 with free traffic!!

DPConnect, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  12. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    That's interesting and the method may be worth investigating. For me the question would be however on whether it also does give you good backlinks, hence traffic via search engines.

Torsten, Jul 10, 2010 IP