1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this a good idea??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SDN, Dec 2, 2009.

Hey DP'ers!
    I was passing by a thread for dropshipping information. I have an eBay account, and was wondering if I can sell items from ChinaVasion.com on my eBay.

But there is a catch...

I will list an item or couple of items on my ebay account, and when that item sells, can the dropshippers ship it to the required address? Like I only ship domestically in the U.S.

Example:
    I list a MP3 Player on eBay, it sells for $120.00, the MP3 costs me $95.00, I don't have the item, but will ChinaVasion.com ship the item to the winner of the auction/BIN? If I give them their $95.00 after the item has been sold, will they ship it to U.S?

I hope you guys know what I'm talking about, hope to hear from you.

Regards

SDN, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  2. writesalot

writesalot Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes chinavasion will dropship. You just have to place your customers/buyers address in the post field. I can't remember but I think there is no reference to chinavasion in the invoice.

You must tell your ebay customers that the item is shipped from China and give a bit of leeway for postage time just in case, but I have found their postage to be quite quick.
    Cheers,
    Rowan

writesalot, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  3. SDN

SDN Peon

Best Answers:
    So where would I go to tell them if I sold an item, would I have to pay them through PayPal, because that's the only payment I can send them, and would I send it after I receive the payment from the buyer?

Should I indicate that I'm a U.S. seller, but I dropship from China?

SDN, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  4. cashmaster1001

cashmaster1001 Member

Best Answers:
    i dont recommend it. they have poor and delayed shipping.if they ship late and with broken parts, you will have to refund the money to your buyer. and you will get a negative impression in ebay.i suggest you try it with davismicro. their shipping is really good.

cashmaster1001, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  5. solomonjago

solomonjago Peon

Best Answers:
    Dropshipping is really good if you can get the items sent out and delivered on time. But remember, it is hard to keep things flowing when you are a middleman. If there are any problems from the source-- it makes your ebay rep look bad.

solomonjago, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  6. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    Shipping anything from china takes time, not only that - but buying and selling single items will not make you rich, infact when you factor in paypal fees, ebay listing fees, single items like that arent going to make you much of anything and youre going to have alot of angry people when they have to wait two weeks sometimes three to get their item. Save up some cash, and buy cases of products, the more you buy, the cheaper an item becomes...

webrec, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  7. Bannaz

Bannaz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't recommend this.

What happens when one of your customers disputes delivery of their order? :)

Bannaz, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  8. unilita

unilita Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think your source will always have the inventory. After selling in ebay you may find it is out of stock.

unilita, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  9. dotmu

dotmu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should consider the stocks, will the goods always be available at Chinavasion, also the shipping, can they be trusted? What if the goods defect, will they give guarantee? Maybe you should try to order one for yourself first, see if they good or not.

dotmu, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  10. ashmety

ashmety Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would seem a drop shipper based in the US..you may not be making as much money but if you are serious about your business then you will be getting better service for sure...

ashmety, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  11. Recession Proof

Recession Proof Peon

Best Answers:
    don't do it! chinavasion sells bootleg stuff. You will definitely have negative feedback.

Recession Proof, Jan 24, 2011 IP