1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ways on how to Protect Your Brand with Social Media

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Networxnz, Dec 6, 2009.

Hello guys, I just want to share this. A good friend of mine had an issue some months ago when a competitor copied and pasted most of his text content. He found it by accident, and then he is certain there are others as well. According to him it’s difficult to find them by just searching in Google.

Can you share best ways on how to protect your brand with Social Media?

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
    Networxnz, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  2. dipali

dipali Peon

Best Answers:
    First of keep eye on competitors, what they doing and how building links and content.

You can protect your brand with help of copyscap.com (paid version) on social media, i guess.

dipali, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  3. Networxnz

Networxnz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I will check it out and do further research about this.

Networxnz, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  4. brisbane synthetic grass

brisbane synthetic grass Peon

Best Answers:
    I have heard that google is changing it's algorithm and down grading the (negative) importance of duplicate content. I don't know by how much though. I think if a particular page is doing unexpectedly poorly then it might be worth searching a couple of key phrases within the article on google and see what comes up.

5. fblikefans

fblikefans Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're referring to protecting your posts on social media there isn't really any real way because generally those are public content and visible unless you have a huge room of lawyers on your side.

If you're referring to retaining your popularity the best way would be to increase your viralness to get the word out to as many people as possible. The great thing about sites liek facebook are their viral ability. Many get the base fans and it starts to gather base on simple sharing.

fblikefans, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  6. bareket57

bareket57 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for starting this thread. This is an important issue.

bareket57, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  7. arcticsunshine

arcticsunshine Member

Best Answers:
    Generate "no copy" php on your site...the right click for copy and paste wont work...you can find this answer easy on a search

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    arcticsunshine, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  8. shinchim0

shinchim0 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what do you mean the "text content" ?
    a post on blog ? or a ebook pdf content?

if ebook content, you can simple add a secure level with password & set to avoid copy any text from the pdf file .
    a (SECURE) words will show on the name of the pdf file once you open the file

shinchim0, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  9. jurojin

jurojin Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't do much, except contacting the hosting provider of the site that uses your content without permission.Send them a complaint and your content will be removed relatively fast. A good site to find out who's stealing your articles is copyscape.

jurojin, Oct 10, 2010 IP