1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need tips regarding using Social Networking sites!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by pistons125, Dec 14, 2009.

Hello all! I am new to using social networking sites for traffic. I have been trying to use sites such Digg, Reddit, buzz-up, ect...the only problem is, I don't see that much traffic coming from any source I use.

I keep hearing that social networking sites are great sources of traffic..so any TIPS would be awesome. I would love to start seeing traffic from any social network site.

Also, what are some social networking websites that you use? I would like to try them out. :)

thanks

pistons125, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  2. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Get something exclusive on your site and you will get good traffic from them. :)

- Mr.President -

Digital_shubhi, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  3. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social networking sites are just that - for you to socialize. You may have to spend some time hooking up w/ people and share the "common interest". Then you tell them about your site. If you have an unique site - ppl will link to you.

bigcat1967, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  4. HillaryDale

HillaryDale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In social networking sites you can create a name and some sort of profile to add an image and links to your blog or website. You are able to search for and make connections by using search tools and inviting anyone you find to link up to you. This not only gains you/your website attention and traffic, but it becomes targeted traffic as the people who join you and check out your website will be already interested in what you have to offer on your webpage. Some of the most popular networking sites are as follows:
    - Facebook
    - MySpace
    - Twitter
    - LinkedIn
    - Bebo
    - Xanga
    - Okrut

HillaryDale, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  5. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can't just submit your links to those sites and expect traffic, it takes a lot more than that. Adding friends, promoting to other Twitter accounts, Popular section of Digg/Reddit... it takes more time than just a submission

Ascendancy, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  6. uworks

uworks Peon

Best Answers:
    The world does not end on Social Networking sites. To get traffic you need quality posts, not so much of advertising and a bit fast site (not one that loads too slowly). Although Social Networking Sites are a good source of Traffic. You may consider using:
    Facebook & Twitter
    Well digg and other sites may get you more traffic than social networking.
    I googled your query and got this : http://www.webconfs.com/get-traffic-from-social-bookmarking-sites-article-22.php

uworks, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  7. vigneshwar

vigneshwar Peon

Best Answers:
    By maintaing good and Quality content you can increase your traffic this the one of the major thing to get more traffice with and also get higet page ranking.

vigneshwar, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  8. prettybomb2008

prettybomb2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also confused in this social networking site myself. Do we need to get more friends in those site before we can get traffic? But I am a member of facebook and have loads of friends but I dont get traffic from it?

prettybomb2008, Dec 15, 2009 IP