1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think are the flaws that contributed to MySpace's decline?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by bizctr, Dec 17, 2009.

MySpace used to be very popular and was highly regarded and utilized by millions of satisfied users.

But after a few years, Myspace seemed to have lost it's touch and continued to decline in terms of popularity and usage.

Can we discuss here the possible flaws or reasons for the decline that happened to MySpace?

bizctr, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  2. milo_pl

milo_pl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Flaws? Yes, they'res called facebook and twitter :p

milo_pl, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  3. alekia

alekia Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it is as simple as that. I was a myspace user and I eventually let my own account fall the way of the wind. My reasons are the same as many of my friends and it is simple. SPAM. I was having no less than 5 people a day (usually of the x rated variety) send a friend request. It was annoying and an irritation.

alekia, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  4. T765

T765 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Myspace hit the Social Networking world so big and fast that it played itself out. Also, the page layout just doesn't seem as nice as Facebook.

T765, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  5. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Myspace played into pushing out advertising way too much.

tonyrocks, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  6. zorro7444

zorro7444 Peon

Best Answers:
    Customizing the page layout was also troublesome for users. Users have to do research and figure out how to change the background or add a music player or whatever. It was designed for computer savy people. When you have to hire someone to build your myspace page, something is wrong.

Then concept of myspace is to express yourself by how you design your page. The only useful part is the social network, birthday reminders, and a paragraph that you can write about yourself. You can get all that on facebook and you don't have to know how to customize anything, so facebook is easier to use.

zorro7444, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  7. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its just a time bomb MySpace facebook and twitter all will decline in traffic over time as its user base moves. The thing you need to note tho is even when the traffic drops its still HUGE.

ЄxDeus™, Dec 18, 2009 IP