1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Much $$ For A WordPress Site?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by akl26, Dec 31, 2009.

I know the basics of how Wordpress works and how it can be used to create websites. What I don't know is how much time and/or money it would take to create one.

I have looked a bit online, but (for obvious reasons) a lot of design companies don't want to tell you how much it would cost to create one!

But as unbiased observers, what do you think I should be paying for a new Wordpress site?

The deisgner would be taking an existing (a simple) web layout and recreating it using Wordpress - no content would need to be created or even added by the design company.

Thanks in advance for your input!

akl26, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not including hosting I can set up a basic site with a template and basic content in an hour.

That means little. But that's how long it takes.

The value comes from the content.

Find a template you like and go with it. Or find a template and have some basic changes made to the design.

Templates are anywhere from free to perhaps a $100 on the very top end. Most are in the $20-75 range.

Setup of a WordPress blog I would charge about $35 for not including content, but including plugins. And no I am not looking for the job.

Design is based on skill and need.

On the High End you could get a quote from Unique Blog Designs. ON the low end anyone in the Forums.

internetmarketingiq, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  3. katy2005

katy2005 Member

Best Answers:
    it's really simple.
    you need a domian, $8, a hosting, $60, use free or premium wordpress themes. less than 1 hour. that's it.

katy2005, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  4. michaelthomas

michaelthomas Peon

Best Answers:
    An experienced designer can complete a wordpress template from scratch in perhaps two days, but it depends a lot on the overall design. If it is comprehensive, it will of course take longer than that (perhaps 3-5 days).

You can find a lot of (good) premium templates for sale for around $50-$60, so I wouldn't recommend hiring a designer to make you a custom template unless you want something that's truly unique, and that nobody else (even if just a few) people have.

michaelthomas, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  5. sunny.suresh007

sunny.suresh007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If Design comprehensive, then It will take time in integration - 2-3 days.

sunny.suresh007, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  6. uralpakhi

uralpakhi Peon

Best Answers:
    yahhh Katy is right. Its really simple. Why you'll waste your money??? Do yourself.

If you wish I can install your blog (free of charge)

Thaks

uralpakhi, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  7. PooraPagal

PooraPagal Peon

Best Answers:
    Adding my vote to doing your own thing :) it's not that tough though

PooraPagal, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  8. lazerus

lazerus Peon

Best Answers:
    Alot of the people offering their services care more about the mighty dollar than giving you an honest deal. That's the truth.

I'd help you even if you had no money.

lazerus, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  9. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    there is no set rate for a theme design. it all depends on whom you talk to. a designer from developing country will generally charge lot less than a designer form developed country. you can setup a wordpress blog with a free theme and there are lots of free themes available online. if you need a custom theme, then the price will be depended on whether you need a clone theme (reface and existing theme with new image, font, color combination) or 100% custom design. do a little shopping and talk to a few designers to get a feel for it

sultanofseo, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  10. azurah22

azurah22 Guest

Best Answers:
    hi guys, for me setting up just wordpress files takes mo not more than 30 mins. Anybody want to set up wordpress just for free just PM me.. thanks

azurah22, Jan 11, 2010 IP