1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you everybody.
    Ok. I have installed kloxo admin panel with the help of a very nice person from DP.
    I have changed nameservers at my domain registerar and everything will start working in the next two or three days.

newbie191, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  2. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am partial to Cpanel/WHM because of it's ease of use. Well worth the extra bucks and RAM usage.

I know I'm late, but I'd like to try it as well with http://kissmyspace.info. I may buy a listing later if I like what I see.

lightless, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  3. fusione

fusione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 5 place free for my offer in Signature.
    Any proxy owner interested ? See the thread, All Free, No Catch!

Thanks

fusione, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  4. soldoni

soldoni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ma sei italiano fusione?

soldoni, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  5. fusione

fusione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes soldoni and I'm not the only one...

fusione, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  6. kanekane

kanekane Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am just starting my proxy list website. Please submit your proxy to my web
    www.proxyspace.net

thanks.

kanekane, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  7. wuz2000

wuz2000 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    New Proxy list, No backlink. Please submit your proxy.
    wuzprox.co.cc

thanks.

wuz2000, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  8. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What happened to this thread? :eek:
    All I see are spam posts with people advertising their services or people posting their links :eek:

And this is a letter to all the oldish' proxy owners, I'm quiting the proxy business the 20th of February. Might go on with the listing site though, it'll be a hard decision but I'll make it on the 20th :D The reason is because the earning potential is gone and the information you find these days isn't the same like it used to be. People would do everything to remove other proxies and to get their crappy proxies on top. And most of these proxies aren't even worth talking about :(

Aquarezz, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  9. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:

Does this mean you will be selling your proxies for cheap in the next coming days??:D
    How much bandwidth your all proxies combined use?? Why aren't you making money.
    I think there are some examples that people are making money from proxy business without much help from proxy lists.
    One example is vtunnel.com
    Can you tell us in a lil more detail why are you leaving proxy business??

newbie191, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  10. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good Luck with your site, I will submit a couple of proxies later. If you are looking for a nice skin (the sites use the same script) have a look at http://enproxy.org and http://proxies4u.com.

Regards,
    vahing

vahing, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  11. infimis

infimis Member

Best Answers:
    haha... does anyone even remember the original post?
    this thread got raped by spammers..

infimis, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  12. soldoni

soldoni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is the start post... so I dont think that it is spam post new proxy list and advise how make more visitors!!
    please read before post bad sentence!

soldoni, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  13. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My set & forget proxies expire the 20st of February. So there is no point in selling them anymore, I'll let them expire :p

An average of 460 GB all proxy hosting packages together.

I'm making money, but less than before. It's not worth investing time in this business since I can invest that time to get at least 20% more earnings. It might be 'just 20%' but it makes a big difference ;)

The reason. Well it's just like all other things, this niche got oversaturated. I'll leave it so a percent of all proxies gets away from the net which leaves others some more traffic :)

I'm not talking about you man, I'm talking about the users posting 1 reply that only includes their own proxy site :D

Aquarezz, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  14. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oversaturated and full of free co.cc proxy spammers, which is a deadly combo. Anyway, your leaving won't help anyones's earnings unless you spam dozens of co.cc proxies every day in all the major lists. Actually I am seeing much better traffic and results from smaller lists that don't allow co.cc (Or other free domains) than from (Formerly) major lists that allow co.cc.

I will probably quit too (I've been thinking about quitting from some time back), when I get up and running in some other websites related endeavor. As you said, any time spent on proxies is better spent on some other venture unless things change drastically, which I don't think they are going to.

lightless, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  15. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A friend of mine has a hobby of collecting proxy domains. He will buy any domain for 3$. ;)
    I think something is better than nothing. My advice would be do not let these domains drop. either give them to somebody for free or anything you can get for them. If you are interested then contact me via PM.
    I too have plenty of unused bandwidth. Maybe I will host them on my servers.:)

newbie191, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  16. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The time he was thinking going to leave is when the domains must be re-registered. Assumed 70 proxies (I remember Aqua mentioned this number once) this costs over 500$.

vahing, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  17. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more. Some additional thoughts:

The CC spammers might be those using stolen CC to push their proxies on TopBits (used to be Tech-FAQ) as Will Spencer warned us from buying coupons in DP.

Another "problem" are are the eBook authors who attract more people into the proxy niche.

Lastly, earnings from advertising are less then what they used to be.

vahing, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  18. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, instead of blocking traffic you don't want or relaying them to Google please send that traffic to my special adsense-free proxy
    http://hitwonder.info
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
    vahing, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  19. Guthix121

Guthix121 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I could hardly agree. All niches constantly have new people taking part - if you don't know how to deal with that, then maybe you shouldn't be in business.

Welcome to the real world. The methods of yesterday don't necessarily work for today.

I also see that Guard Tunnel is earning a lot less than before, but I'm doing something about it. I'm implementing several money-making methods that I have yet to see before.

Of course, I'm sure once I implement them a bunch of copycats will follow, and soon I will have to find another method. But that's life - you gotta stay above the curve.

Guthix121, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  20. Oxuro

Oxuro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey mates , it's been a while since i posted on this thread.

This time i come with 2 new proxy lists of mine www.ishortit.com and www.schoolproxieslist.info ,both of the lists are getting promoting through my rest proxy network, so the traffic will be rising constantly.

As a special opening both of the list are backlinks FREE , so you can submit as many proxies as you like without having to link back to the list.

Note that this special event will not last for long. Only for 2 weeks you can submit your proxies without having to link back to the lists.

A perfect solution for those who want to promo their proxies ;)
    Hurry!

Oxuro, Jan 23, 2010 IP