1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can we gain exposure to our page? Your advice and expertise is appreciated.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by videocounty, Jan 22, 2010.

Hello every one,

I don't want to talk too much about our company, because we all hate spammy threads. But in a nut shell, we are taking wikipedia's intentions one step further by making the vast worlds knowledge accessible through media, instead of only text.

We have started a FB Page and would like to raise awareness about our group. We posted information and links on major organization Pages but haven't seen a great response.

What methods do you recommend we use?

Thanks,
    Alex

videocounty, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  2. sippsin

sippsin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well dont just concentrate on one promotion method. Create Fan groups in almost all Top social networking groups. Then promote them through media itself (since you should have access).

You may also find out interests of people from the social networking sites and invite them individually to your groups. One you get a good network in all, start sending newsletters to introduce your stuff to them!

sippsin, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  3. DuValEnterprises

DuValEnterprises Peon

Best Answers:
    The dude is asking about how to promote a FACEBOOK page, making Groups on other social networking sites is fairly pointless in terms of promoting an FB Page.

While it may have an arbitrage effect, such as "User finds a Group/article related to your site on Digg/Friendster/Myspace/Orkut/etc. > User visits your site via link from Group/Article > On your site, IF you have implemented an FB Fan box widget, user MAY click it to visit your FB Page > User MAY become Fan, AFTER following all these steps" you can see that this is a pretty inefficient way to market you FB Page, though it will help drive traffic to the site, which is probably the end result.'

That being said, taking this route will allow you to put MORE links to your site out there, but means you will be focusing less on each social networking Group/Article and as a result will see less traffic being generated.

I think everyone here can agree that having a Facebook Page with 500,000 Fans is way more effective than having Groups/Articles with 100 members each on 10 different social media sites.

Facebook Pages are simply the most powerful promotional tool in this situation, and I think the OP realizes that. So first of all congratulations on realizing that OP :)

NOW, after we have gotten that out of the way, HERE are your options for gaining exposure to your FB Page:

Unfortunately, there are only two things you can do to start gaining an increasing amount of exposure to your Page...

1. Setup a Facebook ad campaign to drive traffic to your Page, the nice thing about this route is that Facebook allows you to setup ads that allow users to become a Fan of your Page just by clicking the Ad!

2. Your second option is to use less than legitimate means, basically to spam random Facebook members with invites to your Page, in the hopes that some of them will become Fans. Based on the OP, I am assuming this is less than ideal for you :)

The key to creating organic growth for your Page, is to keep them interacting with your Page after you have established some Fans. From this point, actions that users take on your Page, such as "liking a Post" or joining a discussion on your Discussion Board will result in a Feed story of the action being sent out to their Friend's News Feeds. Obviously on a large enough scale, this can also help to drive traffic to the Page and generate more Fans.

Another thing you should focus on is OPTIMIZING your Page for each visitor, to make sure you are grabbing as many Fans as possible! For example, we have created several Page scripts that allow you to setup different features on your Pages within Tabs. One of these that we sell that is particularly popular allows you to create a Tab on your Page that incentivizes users to become Fans by offering them some free download or a coupon code, etc, anything.. Once they have "Become a Fan" this freebie will be unveiled to them on your Page Tab.

If you didn't know, you can set certain Tabs of your Page to be the "landing page", or the first Tab that will load when users who AREN'T Fans will see when they visit your Page.

So if you are going to be promoting your Page via FB Ads, I would highly recommend setting something like this up before launching your campaign, to maximize the campaign's effect.

Hope you found this information useful :)

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or would like to setup a consultation or utilize our marketing services :)

DuValEnterprises, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  4. Theo87

Theo87 Peon

Best Answers:

Thank you so much for all the helpful information. I will be keeping up with your threads/posts here on DP. Thanks again.

Thanks,
    Alex

Theo87, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  5. emplove

emplove Peon

Best Answers:

Hehe, actually for my main client we reroute his/her myspace to the facebook fan page, which has my application on it which when the site itself is visited outside of fb, rerouts the user to the fan page note.

god i love RSS

;D

emplove, Jan 26, 2010 IP