1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thoughts in general on the economy?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rfigaredo, Jan 11, 2010.

So I'm sitting here working on my sites and my blogs and waiting for the public to start calling me. What do you all think about the economy, how is it effecting your biz? Mine is down 35% from 2008. Any xmas shopping statistics come in yet?

rfigaredo, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    economy seem to have some effect. but compared to other business, online has been hit little less.

webcosmo, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  3. rfigaredo

rfigaredo Peon

Best Answers:
    This I agree w because othe r people in my biz, limousines and concierge, have been hit anywhere 40 to 60 %, my numbers are about 35% from 2008.
    What abotu the stats from Xmas? have you heard anything?

4. biglegg

biglegg Peon

Best Answers:
    All areas of business have witnessed a slow time of late some more than others. Apart from doing IM i also do some mortgage business and it is very poor at present but things seem to be improving, thank goodness.

biglegg, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  5. rfigaredo

rfigaredo Peon

Best Answers:
    do yoyu say that because of an increase in enquiries or actual applications being submitted?

6. Hijynx427

Hijynx427 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, I sell exotic animals and we have taken NO hit at all with this economy. People LOVE cute animals and they're ready and willing to shell out between 500 to 1,000 for these lil' critters.

No more details than that though - can't divulge industry secrets or anything, but yeah...

No worries here!

Hijynx427, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  7. rfigaredo

rfigaredo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well "Dude" , I am happy for you and wont argue with success., maybe you oughtta sit back and watch the little people struggle,
    I'm just trying to gage it all,
    me? I'm a little limo driver.

8. Hijynx427

Hijynx427 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah man, exactly. See, you guys may have won the World Series, but you're still a lot more crowded than Philadelphia and apparently it can give you an inferiority complex where you feel small. Don't feel small. There's a lot for you to do to overcome this 'catastrophic collapse of the modern economy' - I reviewed an ebook for 40 that covered how to make 300 a day with ebay and am implementing. I expect success. You can find all kinds of things on DP - whatever turns your fancy.

Do you own your own limo or are you the hired driver? How many years of experience do they require for you to be a limo driver?

Hijynx427, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  9. rfigaredo

rfigaredo Peon

Best Answers:
    I own the company but now am back out on the street because of the economy. very close to never driving again right until last year. I farm out a lot of work which is very common in my industry and I have my websites www.abcnyclimo.com. My mind is exploding with ideas but until people start buying again,,,,its a daily struggle. I still have some clients left over and I do my website wrok every day to keep it all moving. Thats a TELAENT i REALIZED TGHROUGH ALL THIS, MY WEBSITES and getting them highly ranked.

rfigaredo, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  10. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The economy is down, but that is not effecting my sales as much as bank declines on credit cards. That is becoming a bigger issue than anything else going on in adult.

Bank Declines
    Failed Rebills

:mad:

Barefootsies, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  11. rfigaredo

rfigaredo Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a more common problem than you think. Did you know you can AUTHORIZE the money to be held for you, and then CAPTURE the funds when you're ready. usually up to 30 days.and remember your purpose if the signed voucher is to sue for the money through the vendor.

rfigaredo, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  12. argon

argon Peon

Best Answers:
    The nice thing I think about being a small company is that when the economy changes so can you. Flexibility is a key to surviving and thinking new ideas and strategies.

One of the problems is that when you are "waiting for the public to start calling me" they don't. When they wake up in the morning they don't think "Oh my God I just have to call ...." They wake up worrying about their jobs, their bills, their family.

In my experience the best way to make money when there is a "crisis" is to find a way to link your product to improving and helping their lives and then call them. If they only have a limited amount of money, you want to make sure they spend it with you.

Focus on benefits rather than features.

Remember that there is always a crisis, but in every crisis there are thousands of people making money. Why can't it be you?

I think the only crisis really going on is "the crisis in our own heads!"

argon, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  13. rfigaredo

rfigaredo Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with all of this. But I had moderate , on my way to spectacular success when that idiot declared a recession and everyone ran for cover. So part of what I do is to re create what did so well when I first started.I am networking like crazy which always works out at some point. And new talents are being discovered. I'm just not comfortable with my very small cushion That got wiped out by a new tax from the state because NYS could never manage orn balance a budget. I do as much blogging and internet work as I can stand but I have my limitations, and itr's frustratiing that because of the world economy, the phones are not ringing(I run a Limo and Concierge).

rfigaredo, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  14. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not much affecting my firm.
    In fact it does let a lot for my biz in term of membership coz many people sign up to get access to latest online money making tips.

mentos, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  15. DavieVegas

DavieVegas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For some they are doing fine and most arnt...

DavieVegas, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  16. rfigaredo

rfigaredo Peon

Best Answers:
    If something doesn't happen soon, I have to let my last driver go and do all the street work myself.

rfigaredo, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  17. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Business is growing, the " economy " recession is a complete load of bull poo :p

FavouritesBlog, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  18. rfigaredo

rfigaredo Peon

Best Answers:
    where you are, if its doing well, great. a website driven biz, my sites are ranked below 500k in the U.S.A. and the phones are most certainly NOT ringing. Like I said, I gotta let derrick go if something doesn't happen.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
    rfigaredo, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  19. argon

argon Peon

Best Answers:
    I took a look at your sites and it seems you are professional enough.

If I may say, the music really annoyed me and there was little information on the home page to encourage me to call you. You may want to try a special offer and also have some testimonials from satisfied customers.

Other than your website, you may need to take a look at your marketing and also be prepared to do other things.

If business is low for me (and it get's low at some stage for everyone) I have to get creative. I normally make a list of companies I want to work with and then go and see them. I almost never send them emails or text messages or even letters first. I just go and see them.

Personal relationships are the best way to get business.

If they won't see me I do what I call my "potted plant strategy". I simply go and buy a small plant, take it to the office of the person I want to see and ask the receptionist to give it to them immediately. Don't explain why you are giving it to them. Wait a few minutes and the person you want to see normally comes out to see why the hell you gave them a potted plant.

You can simply say "I couldn't think of any other way to get your attention. Now you are here do you mind if I invite you for a coffee?"

Normally they say yes...

Either way they will never forget you. I get lots of new business like this.

Try it and see what happens!

Be creative. Also ask Derrick for help. If he really wants to work with you he will.

Go out of the box and see if you can come up with people who can help you.

argon, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  20. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My business has been down some I do web design and have been getting less calls and losing jobs to desperate low bidders. So I am exploring new avenues to make money with.

The economy is bad and it is not getting better anytime soon…Really the unemployment has to go away before it will improve, no jobs and people aren’t buying cars and homes. They are getting foreclosed on and cars repoed.

The media keeps playing crap like "better then expected" " recovery" as more people lose jobs and no new jobs are created to fill the gap. The REAL unemployment level is around 20%- http://www.shadowstats.com

I think there is still money to be made but as the water holes get smaller and less there is more competition.

We have years.. maybe decades to deal with bad economy hope for things to go back to "normal" is a failure plan unless you have many years to waste and piles of money to burn. Adapt or fail.

Those are just my bearish thoughts on the state of the economy.

averyz, Jan 28, 2010 IP