1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WP problem - After I update page, ALL of my sites go down!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Altug, Jan 21, 2010.

Hey guys,

Thanks for reading my thread first of all - The title of the thread pretty much explains it. I've started manually installing wp blogs recently and the first one went really well..then, I did a second blog and now when I update a page or publish a page I get the "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" error.

The thing is afterwards ALL of my sites display the same error and none load up! This problem stays for DAYS and none of my sites under the same host are accessible afterwards (I've contacted the host and everything is fine their end). I know it isn't the host because I've checked the sites on other computers. It is just unavailable on my connection! Why is this happening? It's so frustrating, it's brought my productivity to an absolute halt.

At the WP forums, I was told to increase memory to 64MB in my wpconfig file and htaccess files which I've done using my laptop and logging onto the internet using my neighbours wireless service. But still nothing is coming up through my own connection. I've also unplugged all plugins and switched to standard theme through my laptop but still nothing is happening through my own connection.

Does anybody know what is going on? Even if somebody can tell me how to reset my internet connection?? I've already tried unplugging etc and clearing cookies. The last time it happened, the sites came back in a couple of days but now it's been 4 days but still all my sites are down when I try to logon from my computer! :mad:

Any help would be appreciated so much! Thanks :eek:

Altug, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  2. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    your ip has been blocked by hosting provider...............

abhijit, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  3. Altug

Altug Active Member

Best Answers:
    why would this happen? They are completely white hat sites. Forgot to mention i already spoke to the hosts and they said it was fine from their end.

Altug, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  4. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should probably be contacting your host. If they won't help get a new host.

internetmarketingiq, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  5. Altug

Altug Active Member

Best Answers:
    they have been pretty helpful. They tried a few things - responded promptly to emails. I think it is a wordpress issue..i will contact them again but does anyone have any idea what part of wp might be causing it if at all? I've never had a prob with the host til this last site wp site was uploaded

Thanks so far

Altug, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  6. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May be your ISP has blocked the ip, better check if your given up isn't blacklisted, at times ISP's tend to block blacklisted ips.

You have mentioned trying from your neighbors do they use same ISP ??
    Have you checked if you have blocked or have a improper setting in htaccess file such as blocked a whole range of ip's ??

masterrio, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  7. Altug

Altug Active Member

Best Answers:
    you guys were right, thanks :) it was my ip getting blocked every time i accessed my site cpanel or wordpress. My host discovered it but not sure why. Their error reports were saying failed logins but i didn't have even one failed login. Strange.
    They've set it up so my ip bypasses the error.

Thanks again

Altug, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  8. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am really happy you are back to your business and I could offer a little help for you to get out of the menace :)

masterrio, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  9. harkish

harkish Peon

Best Answers:
    It happens to me this also so I contacted my hosting and asked them if they can clear their firewall and after that all my sites went okay... it happens when I open the wp-admin of all my blogs at the same time... according to their support, their firewall assume that the event was spamming...

harkish, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  10. fabriciogr

fabriciogr Active Member

Best Answers:
    interesting.. i've been having similar issues recently but i thought it was an ISP issue. could be the hosting provider. :cool:

fabriciogr, Feb 3, 2010 IP