1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Outsource web design company to india

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SubmissionFC, Jan 29, 2010.

I was thinking of starting a new business, but for now all it is so far is a thought, and I would like your insights on this.

I am living here in california in the united states and was thinking of hiring a web design company in India to make me websites as I find clients here in America. So pretty much middle manning it. I was thinking just say an e-commerce site here in America would cost you $3,000 by a professional web designer and maybe a compnay in India does it for me for only $500 that way by just middle manning it I make a profit of $2,500.

What do you guys think about this business Idea?

SubmissionFC, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its good idea.
    But you need to bear some risk such as some people will not paid you after they get the website.
    Other than that,its hard to find quality person to do the job.

mentos, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  3. SubmissionFC

SubmissionFC Member

Best Answers:
    are you saying my clients won't pay me? Well as far as that If i quote them $3,000 for their web design project then I will take something like $1,000 to start the project take another 1k in the middle and 1k after everything is finished and won't publish their website until final payment is paid.

As far as reliable indian web design companies, does anyone no of a good one with a good price or experience with any, please share.

4. DMod

DMod Member

Best Answers:
    Be prepared to have a lot of angry customers. I used to work for a web design company and when we would get too overloaded we would sometimes have to off shore development of some projects (we would still do design). The code was almost always so shotty, that it was impossible to update and customize. The clients would usually be unhappy with the work as well. In the end it became just too much of a hassle for us, so we hired a few contract developers for overload.

DMod, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  5. SubmissionFC

SubmissionFC Member

Best Answers:
    So you've had bad experience with this?

Could you explain what they did wrong, like what they couldn't do that developers here in America could do?

6. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    tons of companies does it but in the end they end up regretting it because you get what you pay for. how do you plan on getting these clients though? do you know anything about web design?

shah2k, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  7. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    He's talking about the main flaw of careless (drone) coding, inability to look forward in terms of the design. Updates, changes,mods., are just some of the things that get left out with rigid coding practices.

Also, the middle-man idea has been done to death, and there is a very good reason on-shore companies still survive mate.

Fyi, I work with Indian developers and get great projects, but, unfortunately, quality of work will vary greatly from company to company.

manofwar, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  8. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    Your system is a little flawed. People pay good price to have people here in the states code and design. If people find out your taking $3k and giving it out to India when they could have $3k done here in the states they will get angry. Like already mentioned, you get what you pay for.

mezner, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  9. spotwriters

spotwriters Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can ask your clients to pay you through escrow.com so you wont get ripped.

here are some of the quality web design firms in India

and find more on google.

spotwriters, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  10. menelas

menelas Member

Best Answers:
    This is definetly not going to work. Especially if you have no knowledge in the web design business.
    Clients never pay you 100% until the website is finish. So you might not make the profit you are looking for until weeks or months after the project is complete.

menelas, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  11. spotwriters

spotwriters Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is right. If you are planning to middle man this, you should have some idea of the field. Moreover if you find clients from ur friends or the people whom you know, then the case is different.

spotwriters, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  12. videosurfer

videosurfer Member

Best Answers:
    I have worked with several Indian companies and have had generally not had good experiences. Obviously I'm only speaking from my experience, but I find that there is a language problem in understanding requirements, and that the code / design is often shoddy and done extremely quickly, meaning that many revisions need to happen. Sometimes you find a flaw several months down the line and by that time you're on to the next company to fix the previous one's work.

videosurfer, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  13. GhostRider103

GhostRider103 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've also worked with many web design company's from India, and every single time they are crap. I've even worked with freelancers from India, and they are just as bad as the web design company's.

I have sense then forbidden myself to work with any web designers / programmers from India.

Your idea is good, but I don't think using people from India is the best idea. You'd be better off finding a new company that is good at what they do but aren't charging much to try and get themselves out there.

You're going to have to have quality stuff if you want to stay in the web design business. Without it, I don't think you'll last long.

Anyways, good luck!

GhostRider103, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  14. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good Idea but you have to make sure you find a quality web designer over there. I have heard and had numerous horror stories of working with oversea's firms.

tjsocr22, May 2, 2010 IP
  15. rajendradhakal

rajendradhakal Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course language might be problem or clearly not understood
    but there are so many good companies available too

rajendradhakal, May 2, 2010 IP
  16. madesukma

madesukma Peon

Best Answers:
    Your idea is very good.
    My, but did not really understand about this business.

madesukma, May 3, 2010 IP
  17. lmsportal

lmsportal Peon

Best Answers:
    Great conversation... I got the different thoughts of people... But I like to tell that.. Outsourcing is the best way to decries the cost of service.. So that can be very helpful for get good service in low rates...

lmsportal, May 3, 2010 IP
  18. herpreet0123

herpreet0123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's a better idea.According to me before starting your company you should analysis market.

herpreet0123, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  19. namduong8889

namduong8889 Peon

Best Answers:
    No no with $500 they won't. They will give you an incomplete website, ton of bugs with no support. I know asian coders are cheap, but not that cheap. It should be around $1500-$2000 for a good quality e-commerce website.

But it is a nice idea. Im a Vietnamese web developer, studying in Melbourne, Australia.
    I have good relationship here, and I have the plan of my life, that similar to you.

Good luck with your business, but be careful when choosing partner companies in asia. I know them. Very very bad attention.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
    namduong8889, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  20. jessica lynch

jessica lynch Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey you may new in this field but keep in mind that ton of peoples doing like this business, So before start this business get proper knowledge about webdesign and development ( if you dont have ).
    Secondly you must invest some at the beginning.
    And what is the most important part is that try to choose the right web design company bcoz your business future goodwill depend on them.
    But i think its not a wise thought to get profit from one site $2500 at the beginning.
    Hope your success !!

jessica lynch, Dec 9, 2010 IP