1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you want to earn online, don't rely on ebooks

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ms.g, Feb 3, 2010.

Those eBook sellers are just like you: they try to earn online. Selling your own ebook allows you to have a higher profit margin than being an affiliate seller. However, there are many here at DP that are selling poorly written ebooks (that they themselves penned) in their lame attempt to earn big online without much effort.

My point is, don't buy ebooks from this forum simply because there's a testimonial from fellow DPers about the book. Although there are some people here who sell an ebook worthy of your money and time, still, you should ask for a sample chapter to see if the book is well written or has something good to offer. If they don't provide you of these, then don't buy.

If you really want to learn the trade, ebooks can teach you the basic stuff, but you have to research well about that particular ebook to know if there are great reviews about it, and those reviews are written by non-affiliates. In fact, as you were just starting in the online business, you don't have to buy these ebooks yet. Try to roam around forums. See how people there try to earn. List down your skills and talents. What are the things that you are good at? Be creative and think of things that you can do and do great and how you can earn from it.

Or if you think you lack the skills, you can begin learning now. The internet has tons of information that you can learn from. Although many of the contents are garbage and just spun articles from internet marketers, you can still find the information you need to learn by simply practicing the research skills you learned from school. Hone more of your writing craft if you think you can write. Attend online writing class both free or paid. Attend a local technical school to learn more about car maintenance and trouble shooting if you are interested in this field. Thereafter, you may write about the car troubleshooting tips you've learned from school or the tricks you've discovered yourself and put it down in writing, sell it as an ebook so that other people may learn from it, and with you earning in the process.

Remember that earning online is not all about adsense, money making ebooks and web development, unless you have something NEW to offer. There is a large market out there that you can tap. You don't have to go swim on a pond that is full of frogs already; go to where the water is fresh and from there build your online business.

A COUPLE OF TIPS TO THOSE WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT

• As I've mentioned, don't spend your money on ebooks that say they are a 'blueprint' to earning a six figure income. Go to a bookstore. There, buy books that can teach you how be better with your newly found skills. Read around the titles. Find an inspiration there for your next project.
    • Spend money on domains that you will need for your online business. Don't go the free route with hosting and web design. Remember that this is your online business; you have to invest in your business to get you started. Forget about FREE when it comes to building your online office. Your website is your office and you should have a domain name and a decent hosting to go with it.
    • Join FREE internet marketing groups. It's not always necessary to pay for coaching. Build relationship with fellow marketers. You can learn from each other without paying a huge sum for a one on one coaching.
    • Allot some of your time to market. But don't spam. Forget about spinning articles. It's not all about quantity.
    • Do things fair. As they say, Karma's a bitch. Believe it. And be very afraid.

ms.g, Feb 3, 2010 IP
    trevomanut and tradester like this.
  2. nowimhere

nowimhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've actually found some bad ass tips in ebooks that I have invested in.

nowimhere, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  3. BizDetail

BizDetail Peon

Best Answers:
    eBooks don't always have to be about making money online/selling eBooks. My first eBook was about soccer, and I have earned very nicely and taught myself a thing or two or three about online business. In my opinion, being an affiliate is much more profitable if you know how to sell your own products, first.

BizDetail, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  4. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

There are some decent ebooks out there. Some are out of date, however they typically cost next to nothing or are free. They are worthy of a read while on the shitter. Sometimes they will get you thinking outside the box, or of a new way to improve on some old technique.

It is all about, 'building a better mousetrap'.

Barefootsies, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  5. restlesss

restlesss Guest

Best Answers:
    yes e-book is not the right way to ear they some times does not guide us correctly ...

restlesss, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  6. topearn

topearn Peon

Best Answers:
    I've downloaded so many ebooks on my PC, but I've yet to read even a single ebook !

topearn, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  7. yoes_san

yoes_san Peon

Best Answers:
    My impression is that you can find information written in an ebook on many forums for free if you take a time to search for it.

Another point is, ebooks will give you concepts. But concepts are nothing if you don't actually execute it. (I know this because I used to read alot without actually working on anything)

yoes_san, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  8. maddigga

maddigga Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess a person's success is based on hard work and research. People who sell crap are either misinformed factually or doing rush jobs. It's unfortunate, by you can find those types of missteps in any industry.

maddigga, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  9. feb1941

feb1941 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not fair to say, do not buy all E-Books, because some of them do give you some good advice. However, they do all usually end up with similar content, unless they have different subjects, but those on money making ideas have a recurring trend to them. Just be wary and glean what information you can from the E-Books and everywhere and everyone else that are prepared to help you get started.

feb1941, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  10. biglegg

biglegg Peon

Best Answers:
    There is some great ebooks with great information, people fail because they don't take action or put into practice what they read.

biglegg, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  11. fencze

fencze Peon

Best Answers:
    I have many ebooks,but most of them I don't read

fencze, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  12. tech_savvy

tech_savvy Peon

Best Answers:
    ebooks are a great learning source if one finds reading on the system a comfortable option. i would rather go for a paperback edition of the book for a better understanding.

tech_savvy, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  13. dinhquanghuy

dinhquanghuy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I bought some ebooks and I realize that they're about things I've already known .Recently, I've bought an ebook named 'Super affiliate handbook' ,and guess it may help me for a better copywriting ,but this book is about how to set up Wordpress blog ,how to SEO ... like other free documents .

dinhquanghuy, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  14. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    E-books can helpful, they give you useful information about new and innovative ways to make some money online but don't fall blindly for the "Earn $1,000 a day!" guides.

TheVccMatey, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  15. xenobiologist

xenobiologist Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMO I think the market is getting flooded with ebooks, and a lot of them basically repeat something that I've read somewhere else. :D

Real writing takes time and research. If they don't give you a sample of some chapters I would be wary about purchasing. It's like mystery meat you never really know what to expect.

xenobiologist, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  16. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No offense to the O.P. however this type of remark always makes me laugh.

Does Subway or McDonalds give you a 'sample' of anything? Nope.

Do most businesses? Nope.

So get some money, and then do business. Stop expecting free hand outs of knowledge, or ebooks. No one 'owes you' anything nor are you entitled to those with the knowledge to provide it for free. DP seems to be rife with this free and hand out mentality. Which would explain why most are not making any money in the first place.

;)

Barefootsies, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  17. Titing Kabayo

Titing Kabayo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to earn money online, sell ebooks :D

Titing Kabayo, Feb 5, 2010 IP
    tradester likes this.
  18. adihamo

adihamo Member

Best Answers:

i really like that one yes totally right if you want to make good money online make e book and sell it

adihamo, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  19. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, very true. Rep given.
    As the famous George Bernard Shaw once said “Those who can, do. Those who can’t, teach.” :D

tradester, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  20. tech_savvy

tech_savvy Peon

Best Answers:
    wether it be ebook, paper back or internet online forums. whatever we read has to be judged ad gauged very sensibly. we shuld not jusmp into anything instanteneously.

tech_savvy, Feb 7, 2010 IP