1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Learned Business - Use Other People's Money

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ascendancy, Feb 22, 2010.

I've noticed time and time again some of the best startup websites, social networks, and ideas on the web all had help from outside investors. It seems as though the best way to make money online is to get an idea, create it and market it, and then gain money for marketing and publishing from other investors. People who already have a large financial standing and want to invest in a sure-thing for upcoming ideas on websites. Thoughts on this?

Ascendancy, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  2. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yea but what if the idea doesn't work out ??

Bohra, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  3. kingsoflegend

kingsoflegend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then you pray you don't wake up with a horse's head next to you in bed.

kingsoflegend, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  4. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then why would I be working towards it? When you know you have a good idea and you know it can make money, it's a niche that hasn't been hit yet blah blah THEN you know investment money is a good option. Look at Facebook, Digg, MySpace... all of these got some investment early on and this can be verified in countless interviews with founders and Wikipedia articles.

Just saying, if you want to make it big with internet apps and websites it's really important to have startup money for marketing and funding. Some people can go at it alone, but it's so much harder.

Ascendancy, Feb 22, 2010 IP